playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] "Get mouse ___" actions only working once every frame  (Read 1352 times)

Breadman

• Derp
Hello!

I've posted about this previously, but the forums won't let me reply to Jean's latest comment (probably because I've waited too long!) http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=13957.msg65086#msg65086

When I use DisasterCake's "Get Mouse X and Y" action, or Lane's "Get Mouse Position" action, even with "every frame" enabled, the action only seems to run once per state.

It's pretty easy for me to reproduce:

1) Start a new project and import PlayMaker
2) Download one or both actions
3) Create an empty scene with an empty game object
4) Create an FSM with one state on the game object
5) In the one state, use one of the "get mouse___" and enable "every frame"
6) View the associated variable in the editor and hit play
7) Notice that the variable only updates once (sometimes twice if you move the mouse rapidly after hitting play) before stopping completely

Thankful for any help on this!

PS: In my previous post about this topic, Jean requested that I attach the project. I exported a UnityPackage with the PlayMaker DLLs disabled, but it's too bit to attach! Is there another way to attach the necessary files with a smaller file size?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 10:09:15 PM by Breadman »

Breadman

• Derp
Re: "Get mouse ___" actions only working once every frame
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 10:09:01 PM »
Ok so I noticed that this must be an editor problem, and not an action problem. When I create some basic in-game UI text objects and have them update to display the mouse X, mouse Y, etc position every frame, they do. It's just the variables tab in the playmaker editor that seems to stop updating these values shortly after hitting play.

So, the actions are updating every frame, but the variable in the editor is not. I wonder why? At least I can continue using these actions, so I'm marking this as "solved"!