playMaker

Author Topic: Where are NavMesh actions?  (Read 4608 times)

Xander Davis

• Playmaker Newbie
Where are NavMesh actions?
« on: July 18, 2017, 12:40:27 PM »
I'm following an AI creation tutorial with PlayMaker.  In the section on random movement, he wants to sample a position from a navmesh.

He uses the PlayMaker Ecosystem and searches for 'path finding' and adds that actions package.  However, when I search, nothing comes up.  I've even tried using 'Enable Beta Features' with the Ecosystem and still no results.

The action he uses is 'Nav Mesh Sample Position' under the 'NavMesh' section.  Since searching for the Path Finding package yields no results in the Ecosystem, I can't get the package, and I can't get these actions.

Was this deprecated?  Help?

tcmeric

• Beta Group
Re: Where are NavMesh actions?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 01:32:22 PM »
Hi, the ecosystem is currently under going an update which means its functions are somewhat limited at the moment. You can download the navmesh/pathingfinding package directly here: https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/?W1174

Xander Davis

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 02:03:02 PM »
Thank you!

Xander Davis

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 03:05:24 PM »
I see you sent the action 'Random Point on Navmesh' but the tutorial requires 'Nav Mesh Sample Position' -- do you (or anyone) have that one too?

I'm working through it right now with the action sent to see if it will still work out, but was just wondering if you also had that action?

LordHorusNL

• Beta Group
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 05:36:00 PM »
Are you sure you downloaded the package for unity 5.0? the pathfinding package from the ecosystem does indeed include the "Nav Mesh Sample Position" action.

I would think the package from the site would be the same.

Xander Davis

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 06:22:39 PM »
Looks like he edited his post and didn't reply so I'd see it via notifications.  Originally it was just a script; now it's a link to download the package.  Glad I saw it now!

Thanks!