playMaker

Author Topic: "ITween move by" won't work across multiple prefab instances  (Read 1453 times)

homeworld

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi guys! First time posting, because i really haven't been able to get to the bottom of this issue and i'm sinking a lot of time into it, so i thought maybe someone else encountered something similar

I'm trying to make an enemy "itween move by", but for some reason the action is inconsistent across multiple instances of that enemy; no matter how many i use, only one enemy can actually finish the itween move by action, the rest get stuck doing the action indefinitely, as shown in:

https://puu.sh/wMUS6/0b03787afd.jpg

Any clue why this might be? Thanks for reading!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: "ITween move by" won't work across multiple prefab instances
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 04:20:54 AM »
Hi,
I tried to repo this with a cube and a empty parent, then an fsm on the cube with 'itween move by' with the same settings as i can see on your image, then made a bunch of copies.

they all seem to finish

Do the clones move or are they not moving at all?

homeworld

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 02:02:36 PM »
Hey, thanks for trying it out! That made me look a bit deeper into whatever's causing my particular fsm to break, and sure enough, i found an 'i tween stop' action  running a few states behind, that was causing it.

I'm guessing that having it run in the same frame somehow creates a conflict, i'm not sure if this is intended, but i'll work around it now that i finally know what was going wrong.

Thanks a bunch!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 08:14:52 PM »
Hi,
Maybe a 'Next Frame Event can help?