playMaker

Author Topic: The Frozen Ruins (iOS) 99.9% Playmaker  (Read 3373 times)

Lostcity

• Playmaker Newbie
The Frozen Ruins (iOS) 99.9% Playmaker
« on: August 03, 2017, 08:50:29 PM »
I am happy to present my newest release The Frozen Ruins which was made almost exclusively with Playmaker.

Here's the App Store Link: (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-frozen-ruins/id1138141791?ls=1&mt=8)

Here's the Android link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.LostCityGamez.TheFrozenRuins

The Frozen Ruins is a twin stick style shooter that takes place ancient ruins that have mysteriously appeared in a forest. The game features 30 levels that are spread across 6 sectors. The entire game can be played for free without an in-app purchase in sight. Monetization is done through an ad on the Game Over screen which IMO is the least intrusive place.

I hope youguys like it! I also want to express my thanks to the Playmaker developers who have made it possible for me (a person who is primarily a 3D artist) to make games without needing to hire a programmer.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 09:08:23 PM by Lostcity »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: The Frozen Ruins (iOS) 99.9% Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 09:01:40 PM »
Hi,
Looks nice, any plans to port to android?

Lostcity

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 09:22:09 PM »
Hi,
Looks nice, any plans to port to android?

Yep. I'm working on the Android version now. It should be out soon. I'll add the Android link to the original post as soon as it goes live.

Lostcity

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 09:08:43 PM »
Android version is out.

Zeldag

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 09:27:09 AM »
Hi,

Pretty nice game, reminds me of my twin stick shooter project (arachnophobia) that I was making but have now stopped working on ages ago.

There are a few issues which would make the game look nicer.

First of all the walk/run animation plays soon as I touch the left stick, even if I am still stationary.

Personally I would prefer it if the character did not turn based on the left stick and only turned based on the right. Now it feels pretty weird that I can turn (rotate) the character with the left as long as I dont touch the right, but when I touch the right, it takes over rotation/turning. I think this makes strafing and walking backwards slightly more confusing than it would be otherwise (then again may just be me).

Also as youre probably aware, you only have one walk animation for every direction, which does not look the best, but I understand it is a bit of a hard fix as my top down shooter had the same issue (I was always hoping to address it in the future though lol).

In the game opening text I think you wrote night instead of right.

But plays nicely otherwise. Only got to room 3 of sector 1 but may play more later.

Good Luck With It!