playMaker

Author Topic: Using playmaker with asset store scripts  (Read 1753 times)

WillowN

• Playmaker Newbie
Using playmaker with asset store scripts
« on: September 06, 2017, 02:02:54 PM »
Hi, I'm a newbie to Playmaker and Unity in general. I'm planning to make a game that has a player jump from platform to platform that triggers a sound based on whether it is higher or lower, as though jumping around a stepp sequencer.

I'm not sure if I should just create audio triggers for the object or whether it would be worth working with something from the asset store like this
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/69113

Has anyone attempted to use Playmaker with something like that they have bought on the asset store?

Zeldag

Re: Using playmaker with asset store scripts
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 11:14:35 PM »
Hi,

I am not sure how that stepp asset would help you. I think if you just place triggers on the platforms you could then even make one fsm, with playmaker, that automatically plays a different sound clip depending on the y position (height) of the trigger. Then just copy that fsm onto every trigger (or make the trigger a prefab, of course) and place the triggers out onto the  platforms. (or make the platforms and triggers into one prefab and place them in you level together)

As for playmaker working with the stepp asset. I imagine that stepp is programmed in c#, playmaker interacts very well with c# scripts in general, so you could definitely control features of stepp with playmaker. Other assets on the store also come with playmaker actions, which then makes them even easier to interact with using playmaker.

But generally if youre a true noob, I would recommend starting with far more basic things, just to get a feel for how playmaker works. Follow some basic tutorials and such.

Good luck with it!

WillowN

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Using playmaker with asset store scripts
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 08:35:26 PM »
Thanks Zeldag, much appreciated advice. I went and did some basic tutorials on making an endless runner and a flappy bird type game. I just made a side scrolling game where a bird has to pick up objects that are laid out in certain combinations. I am having trouble figuring out the best way to have them spawn in. Every tutorial I have seen seems to set it up to randomly spawn when I want set paths (like v shape, wavey type shape etc.). I'm not sure how to achieve this though.