playMaker

Author Topic: Unexpected behavior when adding new action  (Read 2236 times)

Gustav

• Junior Playmaker
Unexpected behavior when adding new action
« on: September 14, 2017, 11:28:35 AM »
Hello everyone,

I encountered some unexpected behavior when adding a new action with a mouse double-click from the Action Browser.

If you add an action while another action in the current state is selected the new action will be created above the selected action.

If you add an action while no other action in the current state is selected the new action will be created after all actions at the end.

That makes perfect sense.

But there is one case where no action is selected but the action will be created at the topmost position before all other actions.

To reproduce this case you have to delete an action. Now you can see there ist no other action selected anymore. But if you insert a new action it will be created at the top. If you click with your mouse on a free area below or inbetween other actions before creating a new action, the new action will be inserted at the end of the list. It seems there is a selection issue going on in the background not visible for the user. That makes this behavior hard to understand.

Greetings
Gustav

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Unexpected behavior when adding new action
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 03:38:50 PM »
Thanks for the clear repro steps. I'll check that I can repro here and try to get a fix into the next update.

Gustav

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Unexpected behavior when adding new action
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 03:49:25 PM »
Great, thank you for the quick response.