playMaker

Author Topic: 1.8.5 Late update actions not working anymore [SOLVED]  (Read 2043 times)

Arnoob

• Junior Playmaker
1.8.5 Late update actions not working anymore [SOLVED]
« on: October 03, 2017, 03:12:38 PM »
Hello everyone!

I just updated to 1.8.5 and all my late update actions are not working anymore. I saw there was a change in the way playmaker handled them, but I can't find a tutorial or a doc about how to re enable them.

Could someone please tell me how to make them work again?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 01:13:57 PM by djaydino »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames

Arnoob

• Junior Playmaker
Re: 1.8.5 Late update actions not working anymore
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 09:06:25 AM »
Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: 1.8.5 Late update actions not working anymore [SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 01:15:04 PM »
Hi,
No problem.

Btw what actions did you make, maybe you can share them, they might be useful for other users :)

Arnoob

• Junior Playmaker
Re: 1.8.5 Late update actions not working anymore [SOLVED]
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 04:15:25 PM »
Yup, I shared it in an other thread.
It's the "GetSignedAngleVertical". Same as the classic GetSignedAngle, but only gets the angle around the "X" axis. This way, combining it with the classic one, I can get an angle with two floats, useful for making an NPC aiming through the animator for example.

Here are this one and the old classic one, all made to work with 1.8.5 and prior thanks to the guide :-)

Also I was wondering, isn't there a better way to get a signed angle or a 360 angle than using Atan2? It seems to be pretty heavy...

Edit : I just created a thread with a bunch of actions that I use to change the graphic settings at runtime (LOD, texture resolution, shader LOD etc...) Check it out! :-D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 04:21:41 PM by Arnoob »