playMaker

Author Topic: Audio Play action won't play audio  (Read 1319 times)

Neikke

Audio Play action won't play audio
« on: October 13, 2017, 10:25:21 AM »
Anybody experienced issues with sound not being played using Audio Play action? I do have actual Audio Source component with the same sound attached to my game object but still, sound is not played. Any ideas what can it be? Thanks in advance!

Deek

Re: Audio Play action won't play audio
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 11:45:14 AM »
An Audio Source is only half the rent, you also need to make sure that its radius is near an Audio Listener Component (usually on your Main Camera by default, there must be one and only one Audio Listener prevalent in every scene).
So unless you care about the Doppler Effect (Sound getting quieter the farther away you are from the source) you can just center the Audio Source on your Main Camera (or if the Camera is moving make it a child of the camera), alternatively increase its radius.

That's at least the likeliest cause for you not hearing anything. If that didn't help, you can try to insert an AudioClip outside of PlayMaker manually into the Audio Source and try if that works, because I highly doubt that there's something wrong with the 'Audio Play'-Action or that the problem is anything PlayMaker related.

Additionaly you could reset the Audio Source or create a new one and try it with that and under "Edit>Project Settings>Audio" you also have the general audio settings like 'Global Volume' (which should be set to 1).

Neikke

Re: Audio Play action won't play audio
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 05:28:34 PM »
Got it! Thanks a lot! I'll try that!