playMaker

Author Topic: Jerky motion when pulling fps controller[SOLVED]  (Read 1813 times)

aphixe

• Playmaker Newbie
Jerky motion when pulling fps controller[SOLVED]
« on: November 25, 2017, 05:59:38 PM »
Hello I am working on a fps hook for the standard unity fps controller. I got it setup to use a mouse pick and then found a simple line render on ecosystem. but the movement when it pulls the player is very jerky. I've tried a few options. move towards. I have dottween action pack if that helps. I think i tried a basic itween with linear and it was still quite jerky. also sometimes the player never gets to the destination as well.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 03:13:04 AM by aphixe »

Arnoob

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Jerky motion when pulling fps controller
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 06:11:07 AM »
Most of the time the jerky movement happen when an object has its movement updated at a different update than the camera. Did you checked how you updated each of them? Also what method are you using to move the character? Does it have a rigidbody?

Here is the doc about the update methods by the way : https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ExecutionOrder.html

aphixe

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Jerky motion when pulling fps controller
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 03:12:39 AM »
I used a Do Tween transform move with a fixed update set and it looks great now. I don't know if itween lets you do it. but I think if not 10 bucks is sure worth it for the actions.