playMaker

Author Topic: How can I move my player ship around quickly and without gravity. [SOLVED]  (Read 1186 times)

simon

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi,

I have a spaceship that the player can control. Obviously it doesn't drop to the floor from in the sky, and it's very fast.

My current method is to get axis vector and use 'controller move'. The problem is that I can't control the speed, so it's rather slow. I've tried 'controller simple move' which has a speed option, but it causes the ship to fall to the floor with gravity I can't control within the state editor.

The only thing I can think of that comes close to fulfilling everything I want is to put a collision plane down, but that restricts my options somewhat.

BTW: I deleted my old post because I realised I had asked the wrong questions, this is my new post!

Warm regards,

Simon.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 08:38:02 PM by simon »

simon

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: How can I move my player ship around quickly and without gravity.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 08:37:49 PM »
PROBLEM SOLVED!

I found a post with pretty much the same problem:

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=3271.0

But I can provide better instructions for what to do.

I simply inserted a Vector3 multiply between the get axis vector and controller move, fed the stored variable into the multiply, gave it a multiply of about 10, and checked the 'Every frame' option.

:D I'm really getting a kick out of playmaker!! finally the artist can make games!!

Say hello to the rise of games that look nice!

Warm regards,

Simon.

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
Re: How can I move my player ship around quickly and without gravity. [SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 12:44:20 AM »
Gg mate :)
Available for Playmaker work