playMaker

Author Topic: [FIXED] Unity 3.5.2 + PlayMaker 1.4 + Smooth Moves - whoops error  (Read 4886 times)

IPete2

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone else is suffering from this lethal cocktail ?

I have just upgraded to Unity 3.5.2 and I have PlayMaker 1.4 (directly from the Asset Store) and Smooth Moves (directly from the Asset Store).

Using Unity 3.5.2 and PlayMaker seems to show no issue at all, but when I load and try to implement Smooth Moves in the same scene, PlayMaker 'breaks'.  The editor stops allowing me to enter labels, events, change FSMs and so on.  It just simply ignores what I type.  Events won't even let me put the text cursor in the Event text box...

Now, the combination was working pre Unity 3.5.2 -

Just wanted to flag it up.  Unity actually crashed at one stage - as I attempted to import the Smooth Moves package into a scene with PlayMaker elements in it (which were ok at the time btw).

« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 06:45:31 PM by Alex Chouls »

IPete2

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Unity 3.5.2 + PlayMaker 1.4 + Smooth Moves - whoops error
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 02:05:35 PM »
Update - I have re-installed Unity 3.5.2 and this has had no effect.

I have spoken with Smooth Moves author and he has the same set up and no issues at all, so I'm going to try to update my Mac at home this weekend from Unity 3.5.1 to 3.5.2 to see if that is the issue or not.

P.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 02:22:48 PM »
Hmmm, interestingly I was able to reproduce this... If I remove all Sprite Inspectors from the scene the problem goes away. So it's some bad interaction between the Smooth Moves Sprite Inspector and the Playmaker Editor...

I've emailed the author of Smooth Moves, so hopefully we can get this figured out quickly!

IPete2

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 04:28:41 PM »
My goodness me, that's why I love this community - we can all help each other do the thing we love.

Thanks very much for this response Alex, it has really cheered me up. 

I wasn't having any luck at work, and on my home installation it was all ok, then I upgraded to Unity 3.5.2 and BAM the same issues reared their heads.

I import Playmaker and all is well.  I import Smooth Moves and Unity crashes... :(

Thanks so much for trying to solve this issue - brilliant stuff!

IPete2

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 02:11:25 PM »
Just to let everyone know, the latest version of Smooth Moves fixes the focus problems with Playmaker.

There still seem to be some crashes on importing Smooth Moves, but to be honest, I'm pretty used to that with Unity by now, and I tend to restart after importing anyway!

In my case I got this in the log:

Automatic import for 'Assets/SmoothMoves/Plugins/SmoothMoves/SmoothMoves_Runtime.dll' was disabled because the asset importer crashed on it last time.
You can use 'Assets -> Import Asset' to enable automatic importing again.

I had to right click SmoothMoves_Runtime.dll and Reimport, and everything seems to be back to normal.

Hope this helps someone!