playMaker

Author Topic: Timeline for Flash compatible Playmaker?  (Read 8054 times)

kinetiknz

• Junior Playmaker
Timeline for Flash compatible Playmaker?
« on: June 07, 2012, 12:32:04 AM »
Hey there, I have been eagerly awaiting the PM release compatible with Flash. Are you guys any closer to being able to give us a date?

I have an app that would be infinitely more useful delivered through the flash platform.
Love PM!

yezzer

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Follow me on Twitter
Re: Timeline for Flash compatible Playmaker?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 05:07:20 PM »
I would also like to know this :)
Freelance games & App developer using Unity3D, Flash & Adobe AIR for web, iOS, & Android. Interested in AR & other emerging tech.
@yezzer

jayhfd

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 08:06:11 AM »
I just tried to export to Flash but it failed with errors. However, they all seemed to be Network actions that I'm not using. I deleted all network actions and was left with only one error:

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/WWWObject.cs(49,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `WWW' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

I don't suppose there's any easy way around this?
Looking forward to a flash version myself.

Regards,
Jay

kinetiknz

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 12:52:29 AM »
Jay, so far as I know, there has been no update to allow Flash exporting??

This is the one feature that I am waiting for so urgently.

Dev's is there any word on whether it is in progress? And if so, will things need to be re-worked for the Unity 4 release also?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 04:11:13 PM by kinetiknz »

Shizane

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 10:04:40 AM »
An ETA on this would be much appreciated :)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 02:12:59 PM »
Unfortunately the Unity Flash Exporter has very limited reflection support. Playmaker requires some basic reflection to load actions. I'm not sure what Unity's timetable is to fix this... I'll try to get an ETA from them.

I have also been looking into workarounds, and actually got Playmaker running in Flash with some ugly hacks, but nothing ready for general release.

phil billmore

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 05:45:53 AM »
Hi i'm struggling with what I think is a similar issue to Jayhfd. Is there any idea when a fix for this might be established? Is there any way around getting the Unity to create anything whilst playmaker is a part of the build? Any help would be greatly appreciated

I deleted out the Network actions it was getting upset about and left me with the following:

Internal compiler error. See the console log for more information. output was:
Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEventData' from assembly 'PlayMaker, Version=1.4.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.