playMaker

Author Topic: Tutorial 02 Animation Not Showing Up  (Read 1464 times)

Eithman

• Playmaker Newbie
Tutorial 02 Animation Not Showing Up
« on: March 19, 2018, 02:20:37 PM »
Hello everyone! I'm new to Playmaker and I am working my way through the 13 part tutorial series that you see at the bottom of the tutorials page. I am on tutorial 02 right now and ran into an issue. I made a simple animation with two cubes in Blender to open up like a chest to simulate the chest in tutorial 02. I exported it as an Fbx into my Unity file, drug it into the game, added an animation component and drug the animation of the cube into it. I included a link below to a video of my going through all of this so you can see exactly what I did. Unfortunately once I do that,  I can not find this animation when I search for it by pressing the ellipses next to "Anim Name" in the "Play Animation" action. Does anyone know what it is that I am doing wrong here? I really appreciate the help!

DanielThomas

• Beta Group
Re: Tutorial 02 Animation Not Showing Up
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 04:34:31 PM »
Can you play the animation from the unity Animation-window? The object selected in the scene say that there is "none" in the animation component. Could that be it?

Doh

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 05:30:42 PM »
I seem to remember following a youtube tutorial when I began using Playmaker that used the animation component, if I recall correctly though it turned out to be an obsolete way of doing things, it wouldn't play ball for me either, I think. I started using the animator component instead.

Eithman

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 12:10:43 PM »
I tried playing it from the animation window and had no luck though I could play it in the preview window as you can see in this video.
Is there anything you can see in the video that could be causing the problem?

DanielThomas

• Beta Group
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 01:14:21 PM »
I didn't mean the Animator-window, but the animation window. For object with animator attached to it you can ignore this below:

If you want to play it with the "animation" component you had in the first video, I belive you need to set the animation to "legacy".
Maybe this will help:
https://answers.unity.com/questions/1135920/how-to-mark-animations-as-legacy.html
or this:
https://answers.unity.com/questions/577801/animation-must-be-marked-as-legacy.html