playMaker

Author Topic: Camera fade in/out alterations?  (Read 2285 times)

18LSC

• Playmaker Newbie
Camera fade in/out alterations?
« on: April 11, 2018, 10:15:47 AM »
Hey guys, I was trying to use the Camera fade in/out to hide a quick player position change, but the fade doesn't quite work the way I thought.

For one, it cannot just do a fade without requiring a "finish event" to fire afterwards, if I choose no event it just stays frozen on fade :/, so I'm unable to fade to black and then do more actions afterwards in the same state.

My 2nd method was to fade to black, "finish event" to the next state which would then move the player, but the fade doesn't stay faded to black as I assumed it would. The fade turns off on the next state with or without using "Fade in".

So yeah all I'd like to be able to do is simply have the cam fade to black, stay black, move the player position, and fade back in after.

Unless I'm missing something obvious here? lol

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Camera fade in/out alterations?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 04:29:55 PM »
Hi.
In several cases i used a sprite image in front of the camera and more recently i do this by using the canvas

Then manipulate the alpha from the image (float tween and set color)

When using canvas i also turn on/off the raycast target or disable/enable the game object.

18LSC

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Camera fade in/out alterations?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 02:50:35 AM »
Hi.
In several cases i used a sprite image in front of the camera and more recently i do this by using the canvas

Then manipulate the alpha from the image (float tween and set color)

When using canvas i also turn on/off the raycast target or disable/enable the game object.

True I was planning to switch to using that for more precise fades, I was just wondering if I was using these actions right or wrong lol, seems CameraFade is pretty limited then