playMaker

Author Topic: Simple waypoint system actions request  (Read 15135 times)

parallel

Re: Simple waypoint system actions request
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 12:43:39 PM »

i've actually got a tutorial series that touches on this but i am planning on expanding it but here is the coles-notes that should get you started.

would you mind sharing a link to that tutorial, please.

On a related note: if one was to draw a travelled path, would you recommend using vectrosity on it's own or perhaps an easier setup drawing the path with SWS and using the waypoints as vectrosity splinepoints in a MakeSpline?

I say easier even though I have no clue how to scipt either way, but see the second as most apparent, following the ease of drawing paths with SWS.

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 01:24:15 PM »
I liked Red's idea, so I made a scene with it using the Child actions.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

parallel

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2013, 07:11:40 PM »
a little bump on this....

SWS has 3 actions for playmaker... but i find them confusing and can't get them to work.... I looked at the code in the actions and they seem to use the send message method.... using pm send message seems to work but I can't send (or don't know how to) a message with more than an argument....

Is this still being considered to turn into pm's actions?

Just solved this weekends problem with SWS, had the same hard time as you understanding it, but here's how I solved mine:
I prefabed my paths. Made a manager gameobject with Waypoint Manager on it and a FSM which could SetPath to two different paths via GetKey. The player object was dropped in Gameobject and the prefabbed path dropped in PathObject (didn't seem to work when you both named the path and dropped one in below). Oh and the player had a HoMove script on it with 'play on start' set to on.

Hope it could help.

Khoa1994

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2014, 11:08:03 AM »
For "Simple Waypoint System", please make the PlayMaker action "SWS_Add Message At Last Waypoint". I need it right now.
Thanks.