playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker Animator Actions Bug Out the UI?  (Read 1338 times)

westingtyler

• My Video Game Projects Web Site
Playmaker Animator Actions Bug Out the UI?
« on: July 07, 2018, 06:32:23 PM »
If I add a single action from the Animator section of the action database, it shows the error "Error editing action: cannot cast from source type to destination type."

if I add another Animator action, the state goes visibly blank, and I can't access what's inside that state anymore.

This all started when yesterday I was looking for info about how to use IK targets with playmaker, and someone suggested in another thread (http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=3819.0)

"Check out the "Generic Skeleton Example" scene." They provided no link, so I googled to find these examples, and they were in a repository here: https://github.com/jeanfabre/PlayMaker--Unity--Mecanim/tree/master/Assets/PlayMaker%20Animator%20Examples

Downloading and installing just the example scenes left me with missing prefabs and animators and meshes. So i downloaded the whole things here:
https://github.com/jeanfabre/PlayMaker--Unity--Mecanim

the meshes and prefabs were still not visible or playable, though I could check out the fsms, which was helpful at least.

but now there were a bunch of red errors in in  unity 2018.1.0f2 that would not go away unless I deleted the associated actions. I removed those scripts to a folder (I've included here a picture of some of the scripts I removed, most of which were visual effects scripts, and a bunch of mathy scripts probably from an old version of Playmaker.)

My real problem started after that, when suddenly now these errors inside the Animator actions appeared and seem to bug out the UI as mentioned first.

Maybe I installed old examples? I'm not sure what I need to replace here for everything to work without errors in Unity 2018.1.0f2. playmaker 1.8.5. windows 10 Home 64 bit.

I can't continue working on the animations (character aiming a gun at the monster) due to when i went to work on that state it was apparently blank (not really, but I couldn't see anything in it.)

and after setting my fsm up like in the example, now I get thousands of warnings of:

Setting and getting Body Position/Rotation, IK Goals, Lookat and BoneLocalRotation should only be done in OnAnimatorIK or OnStateIK
UnityEngine.Animator:get_bodyRotation()
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.GetAnimatorBody:DoGetBodyPosition() (at Assets/PlayMaker Animator/Actions/GetAnimatorBody.cs:114)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.GetAnimatorBody:OnUpdate() (at Assets/PlayMaker Animator/Actions/GetAnimatorBody.cs:102)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:OnUpdate() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:259)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:UpdateState(FsmState) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2685)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Update() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1920)
PlayMakerFSM:Update() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:532)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 06:51:33 PM by westingtyler »

westingtyler

• My Video Game Projects Web Site
Re: Playmaker Animator Actions Bug Out the UI?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 06:52:34 PM »
this is the state that becomes invisible. copying the state itself and pasting it into the state, thereby doubling the set of events, is what allowed me to somehow see the state, but attempting to disable the duplicated events causes the state to visibly freeze again.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Playmaker Animator Actions Bug Out the UI?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 11:33:57 AM »
Hi.
You might need to update playmaker.

Before you do Make a backup to go back to if things fail!

When you do Read the update checker carefully.
Also it is best to re-download custom actions from the Ecosystem