playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker not working in android build  (Read 5889 times)

Terry213

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker not working in android build
« on: November 21, 2018, 02:33:31 PM »
I am able to successfully build my game for android but when I start the game I noticed that none of my FSMs are running and my buttons don't respond. I know that because I have a Play Ad button that works and it's not ran by an FSM. Here is my button setup.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Playmaker not working in android build
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 05:11:12 PM »
Hi.
Do you use get/set properties actions?

if so, you might need to use the Linker Wizard

Haald

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 05:57:02 AM »
mod edit for spam links
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 08:20:35 PM by Lane »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 11:47:03 AM »
Hi.

What unity/playmaker versions are you using?

Groo Gadgets

• Beta Group
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 08:50:46 PM »
You say none of your FSM's are working, do you mean just the FSM's that control button clicks?

If no FSM's are working in Android can you create a super simple FSM that spins a cube and see if that works in your build? If that works then there may be an issue with your button logic.

Cheers,

Simon

walterteam

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Devoted Studios
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2023, 05:06:19 AM »
If you're having issues with your FSMs not running and your buttons not responding after building your game for Android, there could be a few potential causes:

Platform-Specific Code: Make sure that your FSMs and button functionality don't rely on platform-specific code that may not be compatible with Android. If your game was initially developed for another platform (such as iOS or PC), you may need to adjust your code to work properly on Android.

Input Settings: Check your input settings to ensure that they're set up correctly for Android devices. Make sure that your button mappings and input handling are properly configured to work with touch inputs and the Android platform.

Compatibility Issues: It's possible that there are compatibility issues with the specific device you're testing on. Try testing your game on multiple Android devices to see if the issue persists. If the issue is only occurring on certain devices, it may be related to hardware or software compatibility issues.

Performance Issues: If your game is experiencing performance issues on Android devices, it's possible that your FSMs and button functionality are not running due to performance constraints. Try optimizing your game to improve performance and see if that resolves the issue.

Unity Version: Ensure that you're using a version of Unity that is compatible with the Android platform and the features you're using in your game. Updating to a newer version of Unity or downgrading to an older version may help resolve compatibility issues.