playMaker

Author Topic: Unity 2018.3 / Assertion Failed go.TestHideFlag  (Read 2517 times)

acknickulous

• Playmaker Newbie
Unity 2018.3 / Assertion Failed go.TestHideFlag
« on: January 03, 2019, 09:39:08 PM »
I've updated my project to Unity 2018.3f2, and also updated to the latest PlayMaker -- everything seemed fine, but then I tried to make a standalone EXE build on Windows and I get this error:

Code: [Select]
Assertion failed on expression: '!go.TestHideFlag(Object::kNotEditable)'
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent()
PlayMakerFSM:GetEventHandlerComponent(GameObject) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:469)
PlayMakerFSM:AddEventHandlerComponent() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:447)
PlayMakerFSM:AddEventHandlerComponents() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:385)
PlayMakerFSM:Preprocess() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:225)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.PlayMakerBuildCallbacks:OnPostprocessScene() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/PlayMakerBuildCallbacks.cs:34)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

This is from an error on a prefab that we had edited using the new prefab workflow--which also throws this error after the first one:

Code: [Select]
Asset has disappeared while building player to 'sharedassets2.assets' - path 'Assets/PL-Magic - Prefabs/pooled-magic-shard bullet.prefab', instancedID '-213744'
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Is Playmaker incompatible with Unity 2018.3?

It seems related to this bug:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/case-1108041-addcomponent-to-prefab-in-assetpostprocessor-causes-assertion.595315/

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Unity 2018.3 / Assertion Failed go.TestHideFlag
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 11:57:09 PM »
This looks like a Unity bug, and/or a very unhelpful error message!

In my tests, the build still succeeds and seems to work okay even with the assertion failed, so I'm assuming it's one of those mysterious Unity log messages that is meant more for their internal development. I'd still like to fix it, but need to understand what it means to do that!

Are your builds failing?

serenefox

• Serenefox Games
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 01:12:32 AM »
I had this problem too. My builds were failing until I deleted the “add component” playmaker action. After that sometimes I got these errors when building and sometimes I didn’t but all my build work even with these errors now.
Most Recent Published Games:
Juicy Theater - Android

acknickulous

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 01:56:30 AM »
Yeah my builds were failing. I think I'm going to hold off on 2018.3 until this can be fixed--but you might want to somehow talk to Unity directly about this.