playMaker

Author Topic: Dual actions, really struggling  (Read 1684 times)

mic1991

• Playmaker Newbie
Dual actions, really struggling
« on: February 28, 2019, 06:35:56 AM »
I have a Oculus Go app where I'm having different transitions (using the iTween addon) happen at the same time. So for example, one object moves up while another separate gameobject also moves up, along a particular axis.

I can't seem to have Playmaker achieve this, it only want to do one thing after another. I've got two states which stem from one single state, both along different events, but only one 'works'.

As this is on an OVR device, I can't actually test it within unity and so can't see what's happening in Playmaker as it's happening. When I build it to my device, I can't even get certain actions to work. They're skipped for some reason. I've used Playmaker quite a lot, but some time ago now. Not really sure what I'm doing wrong?

Another thing I've tried is sending a global event to another global FSM's gameobject, so it's triggered at the same time and runs in parallel. Despite putting the event onto that FSM, this action is triggered as soon as I run the scene, it doesn't wait for the global event to be sent to it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 06:37:29 AM by mic1991 »

tcmeric

• Beta Group
Re: Dual actions, really struggling
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 07:52:59 AM »
Hi, because playmaker is a state machine, you cannot run two parallel states at the same time. You can however run two actions within the same state.

Oculus GO should support tweening. You can still run an oculus go game in your editor and watch the results.

If you post some screenshots of your current FSM and let us know exactly what you would like to achieve, we should be able to help you further.

mic1991

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 07:57:57 AM »
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I've attached three screenshots. You can see there's a state on the left and another on the right. The leftmost state works, the rightmost state doesn't. Originally, I had both actions in one state, but only on action ever worked for some reason.

mic1991

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 10:08:38 AM »
i've tried sending the event to another fsm so it can trigger and run alongside a different action.

This other FSM, it won't wait for the event to be sent. It just moves the game object upon running. Isn't there a way to tell an FSM to wait until it's triggered by a playmaker event? All I can see is collider triggers.

Doh

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 11:13:05 AM »
This is how I set up FSMs that do nothing on start but do something on receiving an event. In the image I've included you can see the second state has a global transition event called "ACTIVATE" which another FSM will send.

mic1991

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 11:42:54 AM »
thank you for the advice I'll give that a go.