playMaker

Author Topic: Tween Actions BETA  (Read 19382 times)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Tween Actions BETA
« on: April 23, 2019, 05:47:54 PM »
Download a beta version of the new Tween Actions here:
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/f/page?W1714

Please post any bugs and feedback to this thread :)

Roadmap:

- Tween Lookat and Tween Shake
- Tween Property (similar to Get/Set Property)
- Make sure Tween Position works properly with RigidBody
- Bullet-proof "Offscreen" options in Tween UI Position
- Clean up scene gizmos.
- Path editing.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 10:35:56 AM by Alex Chouls »

markmandarin

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Tween Actions BETA
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 07:34:58 AM »
Just checked, no bugs detected, yet.
Very nice visualization of easing.
I just missed iTweenMoveUpdate, iTweenLookTo, iTweenLookUpdate.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 12:03:19 PM »
Can you remind me how iTweenMoveUpdate worked? Or what you would use it for? Thanks!

Groo Gadgets

• Beta Group
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 03:13:44 AM »
Wow excellent, can't wait to try these out! The first thing I always install after PlayMaker is DoTween so this will be great going into the future.

One request I have that would set this apart from all other tweening solutions is:
Would it be possible to choose the start and end ease types separately?

E.g. It would be great if you could select the "easeIn" as sine and the "easeOut" as elastic. Pretty sure no other tweening solution lets you do this!

Cheers,

Simon

markmandarin

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 10:26:31 AM »
Can you remind me how iTweenMoveUpdate worked? Or what you would use it for? Thanks!

For instance when you want to attach the position movement with LookAt option of GameObjectB to the GameObjectA.

https://imgur.com/4kSCUPY

cel

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 03:15:17 PM »
Seem to work great, maybe we could have a tween play, pause and stop?

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 09:01:55 AM »
Not sure if it belongs here but as part of my own project, I started a test at random and there's this action, UI Graphic Cross Fade Color, that does a tween.
I tried a simple FSM, one single state, four copies of this action to tween from red, blue and green and back to white.
Action sequence, duration 2s. Looping on itself. No way this would get me the infinite loop.
I expected each action to jump to the next one after the duration.
But nope. What happens is like the 'finish immediately' function in DoTween actions: the action is considered finished within the same frame and the tween has a life of its own. In other words, its duration is irrelevant to how long the action will stay active.
I think it should be useful if this implied 'finish immediately' could be controlled by a bool.

LogLady

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2019, 09:19:30 AM »
Hi!

The "Tween Rotate" action seems buggy. After the second time the action is called the object rotate a little back and then rotate to the desired angle. No matter the kind of easing I choose the result is the same. I downloaded and installed the actions today from the website.

Unity 2017.4.32f1
Playmaker 1.9.0.p19
Windows 10 Home

TerraImagina

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2020, 01:33:43 PM »
Hi,
I was testing those action as a replacement for the itween, to follow the tutorial : vertical shooter.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjQiMDpj_LmAhUQyxoKHcgnDhUQtwIwAHoECAgQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DnFVsV-5lV8o&usg=AOvVaw3IozUrO8xWSaN0-e4vWdNa
On the video the action that is used is Itween move add. this allow to give a sine animation to be added to a translate action.
When I use the Tween position from the Tween Actions BETA the translation is completly overrided. Is there something that come in replacement to the old Itween move add ?

tyrot

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 07:05:23 AM »
This tween is so good that I solved all my problems.
the genius idea is to put - WORLD OFFSET to Tween Position. It is insanely easy to do all kinds of tricks with this.

Thank you Alex you rock!

C.J.Geringer

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2020, 04:57:13 PM »
I did not find a way to keep the position and rotation relative to the parent whiel tweening.

That is, if i make an FSM that makes an object go back and forth but move the parent while tweening the FSM tweens to the points it shoudl if the parent remained stactionary, I tried all options I found (World, Local, World offset, and Local offset.)

sorry if I missed something obvious.