playMaker

Author Topic: Adding an animated jump animation[SOLVED]  (Read 3127 times)

tbelgrave

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Ispyr Inc
Adding an animated jump animation[SOLVED]
« on: October 08, 2012, 04:44:40 PM »
Hiya, I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly, but at the moment I have a simple jump animation FSM that listens for the key input for jump which sends an event which plays the animation, see attached. Simple, this works along with my character when he's idle or running.

What I would like to do is create a way for the character to jump like the following

Right now my character is sliding into the jump animation while moving, and when landing the same thing, which is understandable because the character controller isn't factored into this animation and I have no blend animations for the beginning and end.
 I tried using character motor which had some unexpected results. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:48:48 AM by jeanfabre »

kiriri

Re: Adding an animated jump animation
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 04:51:09 PM »
If you're using the character motor, use the one in this post. It has the important settings, such as speed etc exposed so you can change them at runtime. I didn't study the game you showed but apparently he's running a bit slower before jumping , as if he redirects his momentum upwards, which is a nice detail. To do that, create a state which uses set property each frame on the max forward speed. then use an ease float action to first smoothly lower the max forward speed, and then in a new state smootly raise it back to its' default value.
Best,
Sven

tbelgrave

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Ispyr Inc
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 05:32:53 PM »
kiriri that's sounds like a plan, I'll try that out now. Also I'm not using the character motor for now, as it's not working like I thought atm.

thx

tbelgrave

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Ispyr Inc
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 10:52:07 AM »
To do that, create a state which uses set property each frame on the max forward speed.

Heya, having a bit of a problem finding this in the dropdown menu. The closest thing I see is inputMoveDirection but it asks for a vector 3 variable. I tried both the script you posted plus the one defaulted in the package. Any help would be appreciated.

thx

tbelgrave

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Ispyr Inc
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 11:02:59 AM »
Scratch that, I copied the script here into the wrong folder ::) It's all good now, that'll teach me not to work from two separate HDD ha.