playMaker

Author Topic: Can an Activated Game Object be Animated?  (Read 2639 times)

HyeMyNameIs

• Playmaker Newbie
Can an Activated Game Object be Animated?
« on: October 11, 2012, 03:50:27 PM »
I am not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but it seems that I cannot animate a game object after I have activated using a trigger.

Can game objects be animated after they have been activated?

I am just trying to do a simple animation of the object moving forward a bit after it has been activated.

I do not want the player to see the object till the player turns around and steps forward a bit, that is why I am using Activate Game Object with a trigger.

Is there an invisible action, that I can enable and disable, instead of using activate game object?

Thanks!
"Remember Ctrl-Z is your Best Friend!"

"Complaints are Opportunities"

"On the 7th Day God Clicked Render"

"If Graphics were important, then MineCraft would be the Worst Game in History."

kiriri

Re: Can an Activated Game Object be Animated?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 08:05:52 AM »
disable the mesh renderer component on the game Object. That way it will be invisible on startup. Use set property on the mesh renderer by dragging the component into a playmaker state and click Set Property then. Set the property "Inherited" -> "Enabled" to true after you trigger it.
As for the animation, what kind of animation are you using. Generally one would use the Play Animation action for that.
Best,
Sven

HyeMyNameIs

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Can an Activated Game Object be Animated?
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 11:26:45 AM »
I thought I had to do something with the mesh renderer, just didnt know how.

I am utilizing Play Animation, simple animation didn't work on game objects that were previously activated.

I am going to try your directions out soon and will update the thread with my findings.

Thanks for your help.
"Remember Ctrl-Z is your Best Friend!"

"Complaints are Opportunities"

"On the 7th Day God Clicked Render"

"If Graphics were important, then MineCraft would be the Worst Game in History."