playMaker

Author Topic: MoonMan  (Read 8463 times)

shinodan

• Shinozone
MoonMan
« on: November 26, 2012, 09:13:14 AM »

Hey folks, been tinkering with the unity web player working out how to get it working, i think i have!

This Little project is called moonman, The link below is just the testing area of the game where im getting all the mechanics and other things working!
So Far you can -

Run about!
Jump on dragons heads to destroy them, they will walk toward you when you get too close!
Collect orbs!
Wall jump/slide (buggy, working on it)
jump on moving platforms!

The aim of the game eventually will be to collect what he need to build a spaceship and goto the moon!
You will complete levels by grabbing a required amount of orbs to unlock the level exit gates!

Let me know how it goes! Ill update at my next milestone!

http://shinodan.5gbfree.com/WebPlayer/WebPlayer.html

Slighty Updated - 02/12/12

Added some music and sound effects, a little basic intro and a level select map
still in test area but its been a little improved too.
Let me know below if you still see any lines/tearing in sprites, i think i got rid of it.

Updated - 03/12/12

I added more sounds and made the AI a bit more interesting and less buggy, enemies will jump at you now too.
Coins and a timer has been added, along with falling platforms.
the controls have been altered hopefully for the better, wall jumping/sliding is still buggy but ive
improved that too.

Updated 05/12/12

Various bug fixes, controls have been tweaked again (Pressing up and down used to mess the controls up, fixed) The warp gate on the level works now, fixed a bug where if i used fade out and then switched to a new scene it would flicker the scene prior to it - fixed (in most cases)

Everything should just be generally better. Still doing my best to clean everything up!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:45:57 AM by shinodan »

cb

• Junior Playmaker
Re: MoonMan
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 12:59:27 PM »
Like the retro look. Always a sucker for that. The inertia on the movement makes jumping accurately quite tricky but fun little game. With his stripey jumper and blacked out eyes I do think the player looks more like a burglar than a spaceman though :D
Give him a swag bag and he'd really look the part.

nectrooox

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 06:51:51 PM »
Hi,

Sorry for my english, i speak french.

I like the graphics but I find it a little hard to control the player. Otherwise good luck this is a very good project

Nectrooox,
Powerful studio

shinodan

• Shinozone
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 08:39:36 AM »
Thanks Cb and nectrooox !

Getting really exited at how this is turning out, and im having a blast making it!
Theres been a few updates over the past few days, anyone who has a bash please report back to me
with your opinionation! thankyou!

shinodan

• Shinozone
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 05:05:56 AM »
Latest update has made the wall jumping and sliding yet again less buggy, re done the menu, added a dragon survival mini game. controls have been altered... added little butterflys! And moar, let me know what you think :D

kiriri

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 05:52:17 AM »
controls feel better now, and I love the intro :D
However, 2 buggy things for now. 1) If you press  two times the up arrow in the level selection menu, it'll go to the second point on the map and the input controller will no longer respond.
2) On the third map , even if it's not completely done, it would be nice to have a big trigger to catch you if you fall off of the level. Right now you just keep falling and falling :S

Furthermore those monsters can jump on top of you and then they don't deal any damage :D

But all in all your game is turning out great, I love the graphics!
Best,
Sven

shinodan

• Shinozone
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 05:56:44 AM »
I actually spent a few days debating about the dragons jumping on your head, but i found it quite comical and may keep it.... haha Its more of a take damage if he bites you :D It gets quite funny when there is like 10 of them all trying to climb up each other.

Ill get on those other bugs! :D  

Thanks!

Ps: My high score in the mini game is 38 :P
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 07:32:10 AM by shinodan »

Dreatern

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 03:25:38 PM »
I like it! So cool. Love the style :D
But it's very hard to control with the keyboard. Any chance to add controller ? it will be 100000 better to control.

digimbyte

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 10:42:19 AM »
Love it, the jump needs to be completely reworked but its awesome
i would suggest do something with the camera or graphics to get them to be more.... pixel perfect? or... something, the terrain and all that looks off, maybe it needs to be a little more zoomed in to make up for the scale

MrMitch

• Rage Quit Games - Coming Soon
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 10:40:05 AM »
This is a fun little game and i can see it working out real nice but as a few others have said the Jumping needs to be sorted out and the wall sliding i couldn't get to work properly, i got to the first wall sliding part of the game and gave up after trying so many times.

Keep up the good work, look forward to seeing this one develop :)

cb

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 02:59:15 AM »
Haven't looked in on this for a few weeks. Coming along nicely, always room for these retro styles. Keep it up!

shinodan

• Shinozone
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 10:31:30 AM »
Hey, just a little update to say, ive been working on loads of behind the scene work with moonman and as i fix things i keep breaking other things, good news is that its compatible with a controller now, but i wont be releasing that version untill ive fixed the other bugs.