playMaker

Author Topic: PoolManager Multiple Spawns[SOLVED]  (Read 2709 times)

Horror

• Junior Playmaker
PoolManager Multiple Spawns[SOLVED]
« on: December 07, 2012, 08:03:11 AM »
This came up recently and I'm not sure what I updated to cause it. Suddenly all my spawners are spitting out additional enemies. The FSMs for these spawners have not been altered in months, so something strange is going on here.

My spawners basically set a random spawn interval, wait out the interval and then spawn the enemy; the process is then repeated. Frequently these spawners are creating two enemies simultaneously, though.

Anyone else noticed anything like this happening when using PoolManager? (or even Create Object? I don't use it anymore)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 04:57:50 AM by jeanfabre »

Horror

• Junior Playmaker
Re: PoolManager Multiple Spawns
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 07:30:38 PM »
Created a test project. Same problem - getting multiple spawns. Pretty sure everything is up to date.

I'll start a thread over at the PoolManager forums, too.

Nezabyte

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 08:07:52 AM »
I ran into the same issue starting in 1.4.4 as the Wait action was changed. I created my own custom action, which was just the old version of Wait.

I saw that it was posted as a known bug by Alex with a replacement file - http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=2700.0

Horror

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 04:31:58 PM »
AH! Thanks Nezabyte! That fixed it. So it had nothing to do with PoolManager after all.