playMaker

Author Topic: Capture Pose / Add Animation Clip  (Read 4028 times)

FractalCore

• 1.2 Beta
Capture Pose / Add Animation Clip
« on: December 30, 2012, 07:48:57 AM »
I'm trying to get a rigged character to save a pose so I can load it on to a ragdoll or vice versa, either way it doesn't seem to want to save or load the pose. Take a look at the pictures to see if I've done it right. The result I get...

I can see while it's running that the animation has been added to the list on the animating object, so that part seems to work. But it just freezes the playing animation where ever it's up to, rather than loading and freezing the pose I told it to save on.

I might be misunderstanding the use of this pose capturing. I was guessing it saves all the objects rotations in the hierarchy into an animation clip. Then I could add that clip, tell it to play and it would show me a frozen pose from when I saved it. Meaning that pose could be applied to a ragdoll later on (haven't gotten that far yet).

kiriri

Re: Capture Pose / Add Animation Clip
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 08:04:47 AM »
have you tried using 2 frames yet? I'm not sure if they fixed it by now, but I once tried to import poses from fbx and had similar problems, until I changed the poses to animations consisting of 2 frames.
Best,
Sven

FractalCore

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 09:00:58 AM »
I've tried 1,2,10 as the Last Frame, also having it play the resulting animation in Loop, Once and Clamp Forever.

artician

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 11:53:42 PM »
I'm trying to get a rigged character to save a pose so I can load it on to a ragdoll or vice versa, either way it doesn't seem to want to save or load the pose. Take a look at the pictures to see if I've done it right...

At a glance, I'd guess this isn't working because you're storing your pose as "Ragdoll Pose" in State2, but adding a clip called "Ragdoll" in State 3. 

FractalCore

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 12:38:48 AM »
I assumed the name I gave to the Animation Clip Object variable wouldn't matter. And that the name of the animation clip was one thing and that it could have multiple animations inside it with different names. That was my reasoning anyway, probably wasn't that smart.

I tried calling them all Robot-A_Ragdoll and it still just freezes. So that's an animation clip variable called that. Which has an animation clip assigned to it called that. With an animation saved in it called that (Anim Name on the Add Animation Clip action). And then I'm telling it to play that animation from that clip which I can see has been added to the characters list of animations.

I added the animation clip to the character so I could see it in Unity's Animation window (which I'm not very familiar with) and it seems to have no animation data. The file is only 10kb. I made a new animation clip with several keyframes as a test and it was 14kb. So it looks like it's just not saving any data.

Can you post a screen shot of your setup?