playMaker

Author Topic: GUI Texture Button: Mouse "Anything" not working 8P  (Read 3550 times)

Padenlee

• Junior Playmaker
  • You can't hit what you don't shoot for!
GUI Texture Button: Mouse "Anything" not working 8P
« on: June 05, 2011, 04:37:30 PM »
GUI Texture Buttons...  *I spit* lol

I can program high level AI with Playmaker, but I can't get this to work, I feel like a monkey bludgeoning a keyboard with another monkey!

I'm a master at finding info online, but after 6 hours of hunting I feel like I've earned the ability to post ^^...  Maybe I should use two monkeys!

I'm working on adding GUI Texture buttons to my scene to no avail.  *Cheep* *Cheep* *Smash*

I'm developing for the iOS, so I don't want to use OnGUI.

I've added a GUI Texture to the Hierarchy and re-imaged it, in the same object I added three new states, with MOUSE EXIT, MOUSE OVER, MOUSE... ah, whatever the click one is.  Then added to the state Set GUI Texture and changed the texture image.

I.E.  Replicating the 3 Button sample file.  *Chrrrep*

On Play the buttons don't change.  The green box appears around the start state, but nothing changes when I mouse over in Game Scene...

I'm sure this is as easy as scaling an object, but my brain is pooling on the floor trying to find it.

Any help would be great!  I'm off to go program something to make me feel smart again!  I'm leaving the monkey to monitor the responses, "ieomjrxic rehiue 6t fgybhfb" might be my next couple of posts.
-Paden Pierry
@padenpierry
Apple inc.'s first TV show, EP 1.
Game Dev since 2007
Coolest client: Bridgestone

Padenlee

• Junior Playmaker
  • You can't hit what you don't shoot for!
Re: GUI Texture Button: Mouse "Anything" not working 8P
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 09:14:52 PM »
**Update**

Well, the monkey was messing with my code while I was away and managed to get the button system working on a new scene, but was unable to get it to work in my main levels scene!

Monkey is getting good at this!

In short, the Mouse Over and other events as such don't work on the scene I was working on.

I do have a ray cast in another FSM that might be messing things up.

Is there anything that you know of that messes with GUI Texture MOUSE Events?

This might be a bug?

*Pinch* *Chomp* *Omnonon* *Burp*
-Paden Pierry
@padenpierry
Apple inc.'s first TV show, EP 1.
Game Dev since 2007
Coolest client: Bridgestone

LordShaggy

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
Re: GUI Texture Button: Mouse "Anything" not working 8P
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 06:14:19 PM »
I dunno off hand, I am still learning the GUI stuff myself. Probably one of the parts of playmaker I know least, but put in a request for it on www.digitalwarlords.com and steampunkProgrammer would probably be more than glad to take up the challenge.  He is a bit more versed in that.