playMaker

Author Topic: How to Set Game Object variable? Also: Fixed Update?  (Read 3937 times)

ivankio

• Playmaker Newbie
How to Set Game Object variable? Also: Fixed Update?
« on: June 07, 2011, 09:31:55 PM »
Sorry if I overlook something very obvious as I 've not found it neither in the forum or the online doc, but...

How do I tell the "Set Game Object" to set the point light intensity to a variable I'm animating?
Nevermind about the attachment, I discovered light is a component and have the appropriate action, but still, how would I proceed to set an Particle Emitter attribute?

And how often does the FSM runs? I guess it's on the Update cycle, but how could I run on the Fixed Update?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 09:57:32 PM by ivankio »

MaDDoX

• 1.2 Beta
    • FluidPlay Studios
Re: How to Set Game Object variable? Also: Fixed Update?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 12:23:48 AM »
how would I proceed to set an Particle Emitter attribute?
You can have a particle emitter in an object, initially turned off in Unity, and then enable this gameobject using playmaker, that'd make it emit on a certain time. For finer tuning of particle emitter parameters that'd require a new action, I don't think there are any specific for that.

And how often does the FSM runs? I guess it's on the Update cycle, but how could I run on the Fixed Update?
It's either on the "start" or on the update cycle, for the actions which have the "every frame" toggle. Notice that the "start" for an action is not the start of the scene, but as soon as the state the action belongs to becomes active. To change any action to the fixed update would require editing the action C# source code (they're all in the playmaker folder, same name as the action), preferrably you'd have a duplicate action or edit/extend the action to support either cycling schemes via an interface toggle.
--
Breno "MaDDoX" Azevedo
@brenoazevedo