playMaker

Author Topic: "Run FSM" Best Practices suggestions desired.  (Read 1937 times)

Red

"Run FSM" Best Practices suggestions desired.
« on: March 05, 2013, 02:34:49 PM »
So, i've been playing around with that action and it's really potent...

Thing is, i've come up against some spots where it seems to not be transferring variables properly. I was wondering if there are some best-practices that anyone can suggest that has used this action so that I can be sure that it works every time.

Also... I'm not sure if this is the right place to put it but i've noticed that the template updating in the inspector thing that i mentioned previously that was addressed happens in this action too... anyone have that happen? (as in, you make a template, feed it into the "Run FSM" action, go back to make some adjustments to the template and it doesn't update in the "Run FSM" action space?) Granted, the workaround is to just delete the action and re-add it in... But would it be something to consider to maybe add in an "update" button to these? I don't know if it's a simple thing or if it'd be hard but if it can update the FSM while preserving the variables that you have it wired up to in the parent FSM system, I think that would be a welcome addition and also a way of adding in some extra troubleshooting steps (also, that "update" would probably be helpful in the inspector too... but if this is way too complicated then i do understand why it would be tricky to pull off.)

Tochas

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: "Run FSM" Best Practices suggestions desired.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 12:42:16 AM »
Hi Red,

I just found out about this new feature, have you kept digging about this? have you find an answer to your questions?
I still will tinker with it as I also see the big potencial this feature has

Red

Re: "Run FSM" Best Practices suggestions desired.
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 09:14:54 PM »
Yep, It's updating correctly!