playMaker

Author Topic: Welcome! Please introduce yourself!  (Read 162998 times)

denkiva

• Administrator
  • Playmaker Newbie
Welcome! Please introduce yourself!
« on: March 20, 2011, 11:01:02 PM »
Hello!

Welcome to the Hutong Games Playmaker Forum! Please feel free to introduce yourself, and tell the community what your working on with Playmaker!  ;D ;D

Murcho

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
Re: Welcome! Please introduce yourself!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 08:14:23 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm James/Murcho.

I'm based out of Sydney Australia, and have been working with PlayMaker since the early beta phases.

I can't really talk about what I'm working on with it right now due to NDA, however I can point you to a project I used it for in the Sydney Game Jam.  You can find the game here, and there is a short documentary on the event focusing on my team here.

Really love working with PlayMaker and can't wait to see how it evolves over time!

theBrandonWu

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Studio Pepwuper
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 09:17:58 PM »
Hi all,

My name is Brandon Wu from Studio Pepwuper (http://www.pepwuper.com). Started using Playmaker a few weeks ago, and now working on integrating it into Megan and the Giant (http://www.pepwuper.com/MeganAndTheGiant), as well as using it for prototyping various ideas for future games/apps :)

Keep up the good work!

-Brandon
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 09:21:51 PM by plinan »
Studio Pepwuper: http://www.pepwuper.com
One Month Game School (now on SkillShare): https://www.skillshare.com/r/user/thebrandonwu

denkiva

• Administrator
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 10:27:59 PM »
Welcome Brandon and James!

Our forum is still a bit bare, but we're hoping things will get hopping soon! Thanks for joining and thanks for using Playmaker.   :-)

Vanessa

MaDDoX

• 1.2 Beta
    • FluidPlay Studios
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 08:44:59 AM »
Yo :) Good to be one of the first around here, I've been touting PlayMaker high and low as often as I can heh. Really love its workflow and all the thought that went behind it to make it so clean, readable and designer-friendly.

We're planning to start porting our PC title, "Torment", state machines to PlayMaker in the next few weeks, should really help making things easier to expand and customize. Next week we'll test it in a not-yet-announced title for the iPhone as well.

I also intend to create one or two interesting PlayMaker video tutorials, I love sharing how-tos with the community, check my videos on youtube: brmaddox. Cheers,
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 08:49:41 AM by MaDDoX »
--
Breno "MaDDoX" Azevedo
@brenoazevedo

Steamgauge

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Steamgauge
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 09:27:14 AM »
Add another HUGE fan of playMaker to the growing number out there!

Seriously awesome piece of kit. It's one of those things that feel like they paid for themselves, before you even use them in anything serious. Achieved the "ha! this is soo cool!" response pretty quickly. :)
-

koen.pis

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 10:42:18 AM »
programmer, recently enslaved by PiS and being forced in to using playMaker ... help plz.

On a more serious note, PiS is a small start up team going for there first game. Our team mostly consists out of people that are experienced/schooled in there field and are looking to get a commercial game on to there portfolio. We will be using playmaker because it's a flexible, easy to use state engine for the level designers/animators and it's a great tool to fill the gap between artists and programmers.

All I can say, best and most useful unity add-on I have seen so far.  8)

denkiva

• Administrator
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 03:22:49 PM »
Wah, it's great to see our userbase growing.  We're still working out a few kinks in the forum (yes I'm talking to you diehard registration survivors!)

We're adding more functionality (just installed a Youtube embed plugin so you can show off your projects) and hope to get everything running smoothly ASAP!  Thanks so much for joining us!

:-)

Vanessa

elvis75k

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
    • nRender
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 08:40:11 AM »
I am a maya generalist and i use Unity to let people interact with my models, etc -
Why playmaker as no beta anymore? It was ok for me to learn it with the watermark on top of my builds..
I miss it!

CantSleep

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 01:17:48 AM »
Hey everyone, 3d artist and character animator here.  Coding was never my strong point so PlayMaker is a godsend for me.  I just might be able to unleash some of these ideas floating around in my head now!

danny

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 09:54:46 PM »
I'm pretty new to coding and have always been more into the art side of games but once I found out about PlayMaker and unity I new I had to give it shot. I look forward to seeing how this forum and PlayMaker grow down the road.

Pleasuremaker

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 12:20:18 AM »
Hi. I'd like to talk a little about myself, but if I do I'd have to kill you all.  :'(

Well... Unity is an outstanding tool, PlayMaker pushes it to an even better level, but more important than the software is people we can trust.
And HutongGames are really devoted people, so we sure can count on them. Let's build a good community here. Cheers!  :D

Billwaa

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 01:20:37 AM »
Hey, I am an engineering student originally from Hong Kong, China. Have been doing game design since elementary as a hobby, well more toward 3DS MAX now, since it's free, lol. Still considering if I should get PlayMaker or not, kinda expensive for a college student, and that I don't get to try it out first. No chance for a student edition right?  ;D

denkiva

• Administrator
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 12:29:47 PM »
Heya,  Welcome to all of our new forum members!  Yeay's it's great to see new faces... er usernames and hear your thoughts, well not actually hear, more like read, but you know what I mean :-)  Thanks for joining us!

Elvis:  Yes, Playmaker has grown past beta stage and is now a proper incarnation of itself. We couldn't hold it back any longer, but now it can grow! 

Danny! We look forward to our forum/Playmaker growth as well! I'm thinking like weeds, not bad weeds mind you, growth like nice hearty weeds, think dandelions!

Pleasuremaker thanks again for the lovely comments!   

Billwaa: sadly we don't have a student edition... yet, man yet! ;-) Hopefully you can check out what folks are saying about it and see what they're making and get a sense on whether Playmaker is for you. (I'm thinking it is... but I am biased  ;)

ozoner

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2011, 01:37:49 AM »
Hi Y'all

My name is H Edward and I am from Louisville, Kentucky.  I decided to give playMaker a go and to be honest it is probably the best purchase I have made on the asset store.  It allows me to try out ideas that would otherwise take much to long to code and test.  I am really enjoying playMaker.