playMaker

Author Topic: State Action Options and Convenience Requests  (Read 4446 times)

artician

• 1.2 Beta
State Action Options and Convenience Requests
« on: July 10, 2011, 02:56:19 PM »
Hello PlayMakers.  I wrote up a list of some things I'd really like to see in PlayMaker:

Color-coding for State Actions
- This would let me assign a basic color to each action within a state, for ease of access and identification at a glance
Drag and drop Action rearrangement
- I'd love to just grab the header of an action and drag it to where I want it ordered within the state.  Similar to rearranging assets in the hierarchy view.
Collapsible State Graphs
- I'd like to draw a box around some of my more complex state networks, and then collapse them for better organization.  See WorldMachine2 or Virtools Dev for an example of what I'm talking about.  Bonus if it's color coded too!
Individual State Action Renaming/Labeling
- Similar to color-coding the actions, I wish I could double click the header of my, say, "Get Position" Action in a state, and rename it to whatever I want.  "Get Player Pos" or something.  Better organization, info at a glance.  Of course the original Action name can be displayed on mouse-over or something.
Copy and paste individual Actions within an existing State while retaining their variables.
I always find myself reusing individual actions, sometimes in the same state.  I'd love to highlight an action (click on its header or something), and CTRL-C/CTRL-V that sumnabitch elsewhere in that state or another one in the same FSM.
Add the third Spacially relative option of 'Parent'
This is a feature request for any Action that has the variable of "Space" for spacial relativity.  (Get/Set Position, etc).  I'd love a "Parent" option within the space drop-down, so the action knew it perform its function in the space of whatever parent the object was beneath.  BIG help there.

That's all.  I hope some of these are doable.  Keep up the awesome work!

giyomu

• 1.2 Beta
    • blog
Re: State Action Options and Convenience Requests
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 08:44:06 PM »
"Individual State Action Renaming/Labeling"

this is in in 1.2

you may look at the 1.2 feature to see what will be in

artician

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 06:35:42 PM »
Awesome.  I had one to add:

Right-click Action menu within State Editor
- I'd love the ability to right-click within a blank area of the State Editor window, and pull up a menu of all Action Categories with Actions beneath.

edwon

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 02:03:31 AM »
Very much agree with all of these requests Artisian. I'd like to add one though.

drag and drop actions from the Inspector Panel to States in Graph View
ideally when you drag and drop the action it would come with all the settings and variables intact

ability to delete an action or multiple actions in the Inspector Panel by simply selecting the action and hitting delete
right now it's an option on the little gear menu, being able to select actions and hit delete would make reworking things much easier
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:18:20 AM by edwon »