playMaker

Author Topic: Let get some "Options" functionality built.  (Read 8624 times)

escpodgames

• Assets
Re: Let get some "Options" functionality built.
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 06:14:41 PM »
That doesn't sound too bad, as long as you can detect the aspect ratio and list some appropriate resolutions I think sometimes simple is best.

Started thinking about how to make the UI system (this is a fully custsom 3D UI) Scale with the resolution changes ... I have a few ideas.

Plugins - I have been using Audio toolkit for my current game, are we wanting to keep these options/game wrapper, plug-in free?

Would also like to add save slots using Ease2save
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 06:23:00 PM by LampRabbit »

Red

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 08:17:26 PM »
hmm, well, if we use add-ons then we might be shoe-horning users into feeling obligated to get those packages... So, if you have no other option then yeah but in be sure to list the requirements. However, if we can get these up to speed using stock (or at the very least free assets/actions/scripts) then I think that could help.

That said, if that would be too far outside of the scope of the project you're working on, by all means don't feel obligated...

To be honest, this whole thread I think is something that will be built up over time and I'm sure there are many ways to achieve all these effects... and I would also like to encourage anyone that's reading this that if you have any options functionality and are willing to share how you did it, by all means... there are more ways than one to skin a cat, after-all.

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 10:47:17 PM »
Fair enough, the only plugin I was really thinking about was for Audio but can keep that separate. Can't wait to start my new game!!!!

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2013, 08:18:24 AM »
A little off topic but how advanced did you get with your AI in your game? I'm just starting to look at the AI design for my next game and figured id ask you what you had done. My current design works off three different aspects, mood, state and objective ... still working through it.

Red

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2013, 10:04:14 PM »
more than cool talking about the AI for the asset pack but let's keep that to a different thread since this one I'm hoping will be on-topic.