playMaker

Author Topic: After! New RPG game with 100% Playmaker  (Read 14802 times)

Bjakuja

• Junior Playmaker
After! New RPG game with 100% Playmaker
« on: October 11, 2013, 08:51:40 AM »
Hi! I am a Playmaker programmer for my small company and this game is created 100% in Playmaker.
This game is not complete, this is just to show our systems and currently I am working on other Systems for this game such as Dialogue/quest system, better character controller. On this video you can see Inventory, stats, health/energy bars, chest system (shop system soon) and many other things related to item picking, storing etc. I created this for our own game but I plan to sell it as package for Playmaker users so many of you can use it in your own games and learn from it about Playmaker even more, mostly about ArrayMaker, Hash Tables and some more complicated things. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=159653517

This is will be RPG game that is inspired by Gothic 2 but game will be different ofc with some elements from gothic. Game is currently on Steam and we are waiting for Green light, and best part about this that Playmaker is so powerful that I managed to create everything in Playmaker and I will continue to do so.

Enjoy and Cheers!

C.J.Geringer

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: After! New RPG game with 100% Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 10:31:00 AM »
I would be interested in a package that speeds uop the development of a gothic-like game

How much do you intend to charge for the package?

what would be included in it?

Does it have a release date?

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 10:33:31 AM »
Awesome work!

Looks like some really nice systems you've put together. The gameplay videos are pretty dull at the moment but it looks like a well developed project with a lot of great progress on core fundamentals. =)
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Bjakuja

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 12:01:46 PM »
Thanks for feadback. Well i plan to create package that will include inventory, stats, health bars, chest systems and shop system. I don't plan to charge much for that package, maybe 20 $ or so. No release date yet but i think i will finish it in two weeks so the package can be well comented and documented.
This is video is just to show systems, game play will be in next video because i have to finish combat system yet and many other systems as well :)

Cheers!

darrkbeast

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 04:18:43 PM »
I have been working with Bjakuja, and I have to say his work is amazing. Once he releases the inventory/stat asset system people will see just how great it is. Keep a eye on this guy.

dreamlarp

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Bionic Marine Command Space FPS WIP
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 10:42:42 AM »
Will you have a save/load system in it also?
What type of saving are you planning?
Bionic Marine Command Space FPS WIP
http://spacedwarves.blogspot.com/

C.J.Geringer

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 07:29:48 AM »
Is there any news on the kit´s release date?

dreamlarp

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 07:36:36 AM »
I was just going to ask if there is any news also on this. Please hurry up and take my money.

Bjakuja

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 03:01:11 PM »
HI everyone, sorry for my delay but I am still working on this release and I must say what you see in this video now you will see even more in my Asset package when I finish it. A lot of time passed since this video and I said it will cost 20$ but since then I improved it a lot so this is final, price will be 40$ for this package, probably launch price will be 20$ for few days.
What is included in this package and it's not shown in this video:

- Complete chest system which means storing / picking, take all items at once, locked chests, unlock by key, unlock by lockpick. Basically in chest you have options to set what kind of chest you want, unlocked, locked, unlockable by lockpick, unlockable only by key etc.

- Complete shop system which means you can buy items, sell them, confirm / discard transactions, and also you have options for setting the price, in my case shop price is 4 times regular price.

- One of the greatest feature which gave me tons of problems but I solved it, it's Inventory possibility to display item types. This means that you can display any group of items you want, for example you click on weapon icon only weapons will be displayed, you click on consumable icon it will display potions and other items in this group.....

- Numerical transfer, here is an example for this: When you want to buy some item and in shop there are more then 10 items of that kind (it's customizable ofc, you can set any number you want to be limit for max) then a new window will appear with slider so you can choose amount of items you want to buy, it's automatically calculated by your money so minimum amount is 1 and maximum number depends on your money. This feature also works for containers so when more items you can transfer them with slider.

- Scroll list with mouse which means when you mouse over inventory items you can scroll with middle mouse and when you mouse over container or shop you scroll there.

- Character stats which means experience, levels, health, attributes...

- Fully customizable inventory system, which means you can set everything the way you want except for the behaviors of system (you can't drag windows because items are sorted by name and placed on screen), but you can set horizontal limit, offset, dimensions, icon scales, color of numbers....

- You get many sounds for inventory and items and also you get options for everything in this package to define what sounds you want for example, for items when hit something, when dropped, picked, in inventory when items are transferred, picked, sold, bought, inventory open / close.

- Equip system. This system will alow you to equip items on character Shelters. Since you will get a very nice model you saw in my video (Model made by my friend Miguel) you will see on him shelters for equipped items such as armor, helm shoulders, 2 rings, amulet, belt and two weapon slots for two handed weapon or two weapons that are one handed, or you can equip shield in left hand. I didn't create draw system, cause I lack of animations, that will be included in character system package later on.

As I said there are tons of new features and that's the reason why I am delayed in releasing this package. Want for everything to be great so people can enjoy this package and learn some very complicated things that can be done with Playmaker and also you can learn a lot from this package cause everything is commented and explained.

System is almost completed, those features I just mentioned are completed, but still I have to do some testing and some tweaking / preparing for Asset store.
Also one of the features that I want to add is editor extensions for this package so you can create items from menus but that will be hard to achieve, cause every items need two components, GUI and physical component that will appear on scene. Tried with one item but it's impossible for HashTables to work this way for this package so I hade to separate those components.

In next few days I will try to add extensions and to create some tutorials + documentation and explanations cause for this system that's necessary since it's advanced.

For questions about storing Hash tables, this package doesn't contain that possibility to directly store inventory in file. Since everything works by using Hash tables as databases we can use Easy save Asset for that (I heard it so, never used it before). Maybe in future updates I will create that possibility to directly save hash tables on files but that will probably take a while since, who knows how much time.

Be patient cause one of the best inventory systems on Asset Store is coming to Playmaker users.

Cheers!

dreamlarp

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 06:40:20 PM »
Fantastic. I hope you release it when I have the money to buy it at the release amount. Thinking over the save have you tried this:
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/3675
Instead of Easy save? Its free to use but does not have as many save types as Easy save. But still worth a shot to begin with.

Bjakuja

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 06:53:36 PM »
Interesting tool for saving, never tried that either but it looks it's possible to achieve some saving with that Serialization asset. I will try that later when I finish everything for this package, maybe I can get some results.
Cheers!

dreamlarp

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 07:10:34 PM »
Yes your game is a single player game so this may be the best. Plus your buyers might object to needing to buy another add-on just to use yours.

Bjakuja

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 06:15:54 AM »
Hi everyone!
First thank you for supporting this package.
I also have ready forum for this so we can discuss there about everything after package is up!

Few updates about my upcoming inventory package:

First about saves, I managed to save my inventory system with unity serializer as well as other character stats and I created some basic main menu + save / load options so you can see how It can be done and use it in your own project. Unity serializer support saving hash table with game objects inside which is most important thing here so it's savable. Good thing is that Serializer is free so you don't have other addons to save game. It will require some work to save other things on the map but that's serializer, not me! Maybe in future I will create my own save methods, who knows but this can work just fine for now.

Next thing I want to say is that inventory is finally finished and I can start with some video tutorials and demos for you to use it easier in your project as well as some explanation of how to use hash tables / arrays etc.

So be patient a little more and soon you will be able to get one Playmaker made unique Inventory asset ;)

After this I can work on my big game from above and some other asset for Playmaker as well such us weather system, AI system, dialogue system or character controller system, we will talk about this more later on!

Cheers!

dreamlarp

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 07:59:02 AM »
I am glad you chose serializer. It also helps if you are going to make a web game as its not that hard to have that work with mysql. I look forward to seeing your finished product. For dialog system with quest system I will use the Dialog system that came out. It had playmaker support and is an amazing asset.

I also can't wait to see how your game comes out.

Martin-Vaupell

• Junior Playmaker
  • Creating CarbonDiOxide
    • Evisystems
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2013, 08:06:21 PM »

Looks good, voted up on greenlight ;)