playMaker

Author Topic: iOS package  (Read 4621 times)

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
iOS package
« on: August 04, 2011, 02:30:24 PM »
I was wondering if anyone can tell me.. i just bought the iOS dev package.. yet to install but anyway.

Is there anything i can do with it before i register as an Apple developer and all that other stuff i have to do?

Does it let me do anything yet?

Q

giyomu

• 1.2 Beta
    • blog
Re: iOS package
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 06:58:39 PM »
You can build for simulator, you dont need certificate from apple for that, but as long you will need to load up in your device you will need to get a year subscription.

Anyway you need to register first, mean create your dev account freely

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 09:04:44 PM »
Ok cool thanks..

Will start the Apple process anyway.

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 09:31:37 PM »
I suppose i can not install the iOS package on my PC...

I need to get my iMac in for repair soon. it does not come back when the display goes off and it drives me crazy. So i was going to install everything on my PC so i can continue developing. I am sure they will have it back in a week or less so not really a big deal.

Q

giyomu

• 1.2 Beta
    • blog
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 03:18:58 AM »
yes you cannot use iOS platform on PC , unity wont let you choose it , you can only get to android from PC.

but nothing prevent you to work on your game from PC , what will change mostly is how you manage your control, you can use mobile shader within PC already , asset wise etc ..so you can already do pretty much staff without need of iOS unity at first :)