playMaker

Author Topic: Overview graph of all your FSM's -- then double click on FSM to open that graph  (Read 5070 times)

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta

To have an overview graph of all your FSM's in one graph (without the states) but perhaps showing a connection line if certain FSMs relate to other FSMs through sending/getting variables. I can make a photoshop mockup if it doesn't make sense. The more FSM's I create the more I feel that this would be necessary and useful. If I name my FSMs well then an overview would really help me jump around all the FSMs in my project. Then if I want to edit one FSM I double click on it and it brings me to that FSM.

I have other organization ideas too, like the way the connection lines work between states. In Nuke (high end compositing package) you can add a point in the middle of the connection line between the states so you can control the flow of the lines a bit more. Again I can provide a screenshot if that would help. At the moment I don't feel like I can always control my states the way I'd like to in order to make the FSM appear clean.

Keep up the great work!

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
I definitely want something like this... been thinking about it...

Lets talk more when I get to this :)

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta