playMaker

Author Topic: MARA - 2.5d platformer - WIP  (Read 53380 times)

intrikit

• Defiant Child
Re: MARA - 2.5d platformer - WIP
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2014, 01:49:50 AM »
An update on level two with music:

intrikit

• Defiant Child
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2014, 01:59:22 PM »

phannDOTde

• Peter Hann .de
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2014, 08:35:12 PM »
Nice Progress - It's great to see how everything comes together step by step! However IMO the Character could pop out a little more to be better visible. Keep up the great work!

Have a nice Easter :-)
Peter

intrikit

• Defiant Child
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2014, 03:04:43 AM »
Nice Progress - It's great to see how everything comes together step by step! However IMO the Character could pop out a little more to be better visible. Keep up the great work!

Have a nice Easter :-)
Peter

Thanks! Yes, the player needs another pass (and possibly a bit of a re-design). Currently looking at ways to make him pop out and be more interesting. Animation will also eventually be reworked. Happy Easter to you too!

intrikit

• Defiant Child
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2014, 04:46:39 AM »
updated level with a dark tunnel area:

intrikit

• Defiant Child
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2014, 02:01:33 PM »
Combining gameplay elements to get some variation throughout the level. Also really trying to add vertical level changes to avoid a purely horizontal gameplay experience. Will also add supports to the moving platforms so that they aren't just floating like they are currently. Don't know why it won't embed directly so here's the link.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:51:44 PM by intrikit »

intrikit

• Defiant Child
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2014, 02:34:08 PM »
Here's an early update on the character rework. Going with a simpler approach and the aesthetics will rely more on texturing. This should help with the quality and smoothness of the animation. More updates on texturing soon:

intrikit

• Defiant Child
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2014, 04:12:32 AM »
Implemented a checkpoint system and the particles/audio that come with it. It's a bit tricky in this level with the teleport system and need to be thoughtfully placed. If placed carelessly, they can be used to skip too much of the obstacle paths and take away from the challenge. I think with careful placement, though, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2014, 09:25:20 AM »
I love the checkpoint style. Keep it up!
More templates on the Unity Asset Store!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

intrikit

• Defiant Child
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2014, 12:49:56 PM »
Thanks Graham! Here's an update on level two incorporating some hazards from the first level. The idea is to use previous elements and add new ones as the game progresses.

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2014, 04:04:08 PM »
pretty cool smashers. I have to say though, the dust effects seems a little delayed. It would show alot more impact if the particle effect was more intense on impact.

Actually looking at it more, it may be the "ease out" of the spike dropper, try "ease in" instead. That will definitely show more impact, acceleration and weight. It will also be more of a scary challenge to avoid!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

intrikit

• Defiant Child
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2014, 02:55:01 AM »
Thanks Graham! I agree with you on this and I wish there was a simple way of just adjusting the Ease Type (maybe there is and I just don`t know how). I`m using HotTween by the way and it doesn`t seem to be as intuitive as iTween.

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2014, 10:43:56 AM »
I just started using Hotween myself! I had the same initial impression, but I am catching on quickly. I can say the performance boost over using iTween is easily visible on my current mobile project.

Try using the "Hotween Float" action instead of using the visual editor. I find it gives more control that way and closer represents the functionality of iTween.

I may be able to help you if you have any questions.

intrikit

• Defiant Child
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2014, 12:59:19 AM »
Hey thanks Graham! Yeah, I'm using the visual editor as a component on the inspector. I'm playing with the float action in playmaker now. First question: Would I still need a hotween component or will it all play from playmaker? An updated wiki explaining the Hotween parameters would be nice too ;D

In the meantime I've updated the level with more of these droppers:

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2014, 07:10:31 AM »
You don't need the Hotween component to use the HOTween Float action.