playMaker

Author Topic: Sydney iFest  (Read 8137 times)

Murcho

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
Sydney iFest
« on: April 05, 2011, 11:00:27 PM »
I'll be doing a one hour workshop at the Sydney iFest event this weekend (10th April) titled "Rapid Prototyping with Unity and PlayMaker".

Basically I'm going to get gameplay mechanics suggested by the crowd and see how fast we can get something playable together.  Should be fun!

I'll post the results of the session up.

Anyone in Sydney this weekend should check it out.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Sydney iFest
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 10:52:08 AM »
Cool - sounds like fun!

slipside

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 12:37:21 PM »
Sounds great!
Looking forward to the update on this :)

denkiva

• Administrator
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 08:08:49 PM »
Wish I wasn't a gazillion miles away!  I'd love to catch it.  I look forward to hearing more about it... (youtube video???)  hint hint  ;)

break a leg!!

V

Murcho

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 02:25:19 AM »
There will be some cameras around tomorrow, so hopefully I can get some decent footage of the event.

denkiva

• Administrator
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 02:46:57 PM »
Zero to gameplay in under an hour! That is rapid prototyping!  How did it go yesterday?

:-)

V

Murcho

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 07:30:11 AM »
Well I managed to get very close to having a split screen 3rd person version of Pong working in an hour!  Had individual movement, ball bouncing around (although the physics kept messing up on me and flying all over the place)  Kill zones behind the paddles that then re-spawned the ball, so overall not too bad for an hour in front of 40 odd people.

They actually stopped people from coming into the room because there were too many!

I got some good footage, so hopefully I'll be able to get that cut up over the next couple of weeks.
I'll keep you posted!

denkiva

• Administrator
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 03:52:43 PM »
Yes, I'd say not bad at all! (quite awesome actually!)  Having to beat folks away is also pretty awesome :-)  Glad it went well and thanks for giving folks a view of Playmaker in action :-) Can't wait to see your footage!  ;D ;D

:-)

V