playMaker

Author Topic: Ignore Error  (Read 3555 times)

bkups2003

• Playmaker Newbie
Ignore Error
« on: February 23, 2014, 09:52:54 PM »
Some errors will be reported when there is no real error in place. For example, gameobject compare with no gameobject to compare it to. I use this to compare if a variable didn't get a gameobject. It works. But it is still reported as an error. Or another one, Get child, tag is set to a string variable and the variable is empty. At runtime the variable will be filled with the string that is needed. But it is reported as an error while that string is empty (before runtime). So, yea... There are a few errors here and there that are not really errors, and it would be nice to be able to just go "ignore error" and it won't show up again in the list. Or even better, it will show up in the "ignore" list, just incase i accidentally ignored the wrong one.

escpodgames

• Assets
Re: Ignore Error
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 11:17:36 PM »
For the gameobject one you can use the "game object is null" action.
Also set the string variable to a space and all should be good... got any others?

bkups2003

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 05:06:45 AM »
Never Even know about the "game object is null" action. Worked perfectly. Much cleaner than comparing to nothing.

Another example is "set material Recursive" where you can change the material of all children of a gameobject. If you target a parent with no mesh, it will report an error telling u there is no mesh on that gameobject. Solution? Obviously to just add the mesh component. But that's not really the point. Adding useless components to gameobjects, and having to fill empty strings variables to stop errors really does show that there is a problem, right?

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 03:22:09 PM »
What about 'get next child' and then 'set material' (2 states) get next child will loop until finished. I think it will just finish if there are no children .. would have to try it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 03:23:45 PM by LampRabbit »

bkups2003

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 10:39:00 PM »
Well i did already have some logic that could get all children with a mesh component and add it to an array to be iterated later. It was just quite messy. The children go down a few levels so i would need to use "has child" for the max amount of levels just to make sure i got everything.

Nonetheless, all the logic works so the feature is not necessary. Just useful.