playMaker

Author Topic: EZGUI and PMProxy work together easily  (Read 3726 times)

vonchor

EZGUI and PMProxy work together easily
« on: September 21, 2011, 01:32:09 PM »
I just bought EZG today so forgive a little confusion.  

If you have a control just drop in a PlaymakerProxy script and set the control's "Script with Method to Invoke" (or similar) and "Method to Invoke"; then in PlaymakerProxy script set the target GO, the FSM, and the event name as shown in the image.  I don't know if this is more or less efficient than approaches in other posts but this is certainly an easier approach for prototyping.

vonchor

Re: EZGUI and PMProxy work together easily
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 11:03:48 AM »
To be clear, this is easiest to use with something like a BUTTON since there's no need for obtaining info. I was going to try to make this more complex :-) but it isn't really needed. If you have, say, a slider you'd just use the same approach. In the state which responds to the event, just use the Get Property action, drag the slider GO from the Hierarchy panel into the Target Object param/box in the Stare inspector, and select the property "Value". This will get you the slider's value as a float from 0 to 1.

There is a need to programmatically set up certain EZGUI controls but that's best handled thru scripting rather than actions. I may create some actions for these as the need requires.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:03:34 PM by vonchor »