playMaker

Author Topic: Upgraded to unity 4.5 and playmaker is gone [SOLVED]  (Read 6439 times)

wheretheidivides

Upgraded to unity 4.5 and playmaker is gone [SOLVED]
« on: May 29, 2014, 05:40:48 PM »
So I just upgraded to unity 4.5, then saw there was a new playmaker version so I downloaded and installed.  Now my issue (OK, one of my many issues) is that the playmaker menu is gone.  I can not bring up the console.  I can go to component>playmaker and add a fsm or gui.  That's it.  I'm scared if I uninstall playmaker to reinstall it all of the FSMs will freak out and get lost.
======================
Now I started a new project and only imported playmaker with nothing else.  I get this error.  Not sure if this why as it says mono.exe.  However, if I start a new project there is no error.  So it has to be something with playmaker.  Of course with this error you can not do much as all compile errors must be fixed to run the game.

Could not start compilationWin32Exception: ApplicationName='"C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Mono\bin\mono.exe"', CommandLine='"C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Mono\lib/mono/unity\smcs.exe"  @Temp/UnityTempFile-8dd2699ecff0e8f4ca81fbfb853f99d2', CurrentDirectory='C:/Users/Biff/Documents/New Unity Project/Assets/..'
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start ()
(wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:Start ()
UnityEditor.Utils.Program.Start () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/Editor/Mono/Utils/Program.cs:33)
UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.MonoScriptCompilerBase.StartCompiler (BuildTarget target, System.String compiler, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 arguments, Boolean setMonoEnvironmentVariables) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/Editor/Mono/Scripting/Compilers/MonoScriptCompilerBase.cs:32)
UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.MonoScriptCompilerBase.StartCompiler (BuildTarget target, System.String compiler, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 arguments) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/Editor/Mono/Scripting/Compilers/MonoScriptCompilerBase.cs:20)
UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.MonoCSharpCompiler.StartCompiler () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/Editor/Mono/Scripting/Compilers/MonoCSharpCompiler.cs:43)
UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.ScriptCompilerBase.BeginCompiling () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/Editor/Mono/Scripting/Compilers/ScriptCompilerBase.cs:47)
===================
Compilation failed because the compiler couldn't be executed!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 08:07:00 PM by Alex Chouls »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Upgraded to unity 4.5 and playmaker is gone
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 05:51:04 PM »
Are there any errors in the log?
Also check the troubleshooting tips here:
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W624

Note, you should always backup your projects before updating Unity and/or Playmaker! Just copy the whole projects folder to back it up.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 05:55:49 PM »
Saw your edit. I just tried a new project with Unity 4.5 and Playmaker downloaded from the asset store and I don't get any errors...

What build target do you have selected?

EDIT: It could also be a bad Unity install... maybe try re-installing 4.5

wheretheidivides

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 06:19:26 PM »
"What build target do you have selected?"

What???

wheretheidivides

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 06:23:06 PM »
I rebooted the computer.

I have an empty project and only brought in playmaker.  It gives that error.

I am trying to reinstall unity now to see if that fixes it.  I did upgrade unity 4.3 verses a fresh install.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 06:44:10 PM »
"What build target do you have selected?"

What???

Under Build Setting > Platform (Windows, iOS, Android etc.)

wheretheidivides

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 07:31:21 PM »
Windows is the build and I'm using windows 7.

I just reinstalled and rebooted.  The same thing.  It's OK when I start a new project, but when I import playmaker it gives compile errors. 

I wonder if it's a Norton antivirus thing....

wheretheidivides

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 07:33:50 PM »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 07:41:01 PM »
Yeah, that's no good - you need mono.exe ;)

I assume you can make an exception in norton...?

wheretheidivides

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 07:41:56 PM »
Yep. That was the issue. Norton antivirus saw mono.exe as a threat and quanteened it.  You have to 'restore it'.  Norton will then unqurenteedn it.  Every thing seems OK now.  Just a quick note to any Norton users with Unity.  Cool beans.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 07:43:41 PM by wheretheidivides »