playMaker

Author Topic: Trigger side  (Read 2140 times)

LogLady

Trigger side
« on: May 31, 2014, 07:44:00 PM »
Hi!

Is it possible to detect which side of a cube trigger was entered?

I'd like to send events based on which side of the trigger (top / bottom / front / back / left / right) was entered.

Thanks in advance!

Breadman

• Derp
Re: Trigger side
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 01:30:02 PM »
I'm not sure if it's possible with one collider (although it may be, hopefully someone else can fill us in,) but you could try a smaller, flatter collider for each surface of the cube, each with their own tags and able to send their own events on collision.

LogLady

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 10:01:40 AM »
Breadman, I tried it but for some reason the trigger stops sending events, even reseting it. I was building a lap system trying to prevent the user cheating when racing backwards. I know that if the player races backwards it is his sole problem but I know that it's possible to avoid (like in Mario Kart, Wai Wai Racing or VS. Racing) so I'd like to accomplish it.

Thanks for your help!

ghost010

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 11:25:06 AM »
Id advice to set up 3 triggers to deactivate/activate the main trigger.
like set one on the back and 2 on both sides.
If player enters one of these triggers,send event to disable checkpoint trigger.

You could also just put 1 trigger in front to activate the main trigger..but this might still be exploited.

LogLady

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 08:15:21 PM »
As I said, something was not resetting the main trigger after two laps working correctly. I need to move on so I left it for another time. Anyway, thanks for your reply!

Cheers!