playMaker

Author Topic: Virtual Joystick for Movement  (Read 4755 times)

ProgrammerInTraining

• Playmaker Newbie
Virtual Joystick for Movement
« on: June 19, 2014, 01:46:29 AM »
Hello all;

I have started creating a game with Unity3D and JS/C#.  I have coded a movement joystick and a rotate joystick as well as a jump button.

I have now discovered Playmaker and purchased it to make my life a bit easier.  However, with going through some tutorials I noticed that there appear to be no joystick tutorials for movement or rotation with a touch screen.  I got it all down along with multi-touch commands through JS and through C#.  I have found a few tutorials on moving with single buttons for each direction and rotation in one direction but that's not what I am looking for.  I have also found a TON^a TON of posts that tell me to "Just go buy (insert add-on here).  I don't want to spend any more money until I get comfortable and learn what I am doing and am happy with my ideas.

So, can anybody show me a tutorial or an example of movement depending on joystick position on a touchscreen device without having to purchase anything else?  I just want to use FSM...point blank, period, no ifs ands or buts.

Thank you to anybody that can assist.

ProgrammerInTraining

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Virtual Joystick for Movement
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 02:17:30 AM »
I don't know if I feel scammed or if I feel stupid or if I feel like I undersell myself too much.

I broke down and bought Virtual Controls Suite yesterday.  After reviewing it, it appears as though I already manually created the same touch event handlers and virtual joystick responses on my own in both JavaScript and C#.

Feel like I just wasted money to find out I know more than I thought I did...I need to start trusting myself and stop second guessing my work geez.

Question still stands though, is there a way to create virtual joysticks with FSM?

Thanks everybody.