playMaker

Author Topic: In-game user custom control  (Read 2504 times)

LogLady

In-game user custom control
« on: June 20, 2014, 04:47:37 PM »
Hi!

How do i get user input to configure controls in-game?

Get key, get key down, get button and get button down need a key to be pre-configured and Any key just send events. I would like to let the user change the WASD for any other key or joypad input but I don't know how to do it.

Any help is appreciated.   :)

LogLady

Re: In-game user custom control
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 09:07:21 AM »
Just to make it clear, I'm not talking about setting the controls on Unity Input editor. I'm talking about letting the player configure custom controls during gameplay not on Unity default game config before launching the game.  ^^

LogLady

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 10:50:48 AM »
These days I thought about setting a variable to hold the button selected and then send it to the axis set in the Input editor but couldn't figure how.

I don't remember a Unity game that lets you configure the game controls in-game (without selecting on game launch) but it would be much more professional to let the user configure how to play, I think it is better than pre-configured controls or configure using the Unity launcher.

Any help?

bizilux

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 07:07:55 AM »
you might want to try some addons, i remember there was atleast 1.

LogLady

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 08:58:35 AM »
I tried some free on Unity Store they are ugly and I couldn't find how to modify it. There must be a way to do it without third party stuff.

Thanks for your reply!