playMaker

Author Topic: Updating to 1.2 still not working!!!! [SOLVED]  (Read 2827 times)

tim.holman

• 1.2 Beta
  • Playmaker Newbie
Updating to 1.2 still not working!!!! [SOLVED]
« on: October 04, 2011, 05:05:59 PM »
I've been trying to update to 1.2 for a few weeks now, but it breaks my project every time! I'm getting many error messages, but this seems to be the most frequently occuring one:

DirectoryNotFoundException: Directory 'C:/Unity/CONC_Local003/Assets/playMaker/Templates' not found.
System.IO.Directory.GetFileSystemEntries (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, FileAttributes mask, FileAttributes attrs)...etc.

Please help! I am totally stumped on what these means, and what I need to do to fix it! Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 04:13:01 PM by alexchouls »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Updating to 1.2 still not working!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 06:12:07 PM »
How are you importing the update?

Do you have an Assets/PlayMaker/Templates folder? If not, make that folder... that folder was in 1.1, but maybe it got deleted from your project somehow...?

Are you able to import 1.2 into a new project? If so, can you confirm that the version is 1.2 in the Playmaker About box?

tim.holman

• 1.2 Beta
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 04:27:21 PM »
I figured it out! Just had to rename a script that came with another extension (mouseLook) which was conflicting with playmaker. Once I renamed it, problem solved, everything seems to work fine. Thank you for your help again, don't know what I'd do without you and/or Playmaker!! I'm sure I'll be back with another question sooner than later!

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 04:12:50 PM »
Sorry about that! I actually got a bug report about the conflict, but it didn't get fixed for 1.2.

For others reading this thread, the conflict is with MouseLook.cs in the Hard Surface Pro extension.