playMaker

Author Topic: Touch Controls Help?  (Read 3241 times)

serenefox

• Serenefox Games
Touch Controls Help?
« on: August 06, 2014, 01:04:57 AM »
Hi,

I just recently purchased playmaker and have gone through hours of tutorials on the site and youtube. I have a problem that I can't seem to fix.

I have a character in my scene tagged as player and I have setup some states to control it. What I am trying to do is:

When the player touches the left side of the screen in the game (to the left of the character) I want the character to move to the left. And obviously the same for the right. I could do this this with triggers but I would rather just press to the sides, off of the character to move versus using triggers or buttons.

My current setup is posted in the screenshot/Attachment and it works for the first couple of touches but after that the character will continually move right upon further touches. If anyone could let me know what I am doing wrong I would be happy to hear it.

Also I didn't put it in the screenshot but the "Init" state I have a Find GameObject action that finds the character by the player tag.

Something similar to this is what I am trying to achieve:
http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/639673/move-object-by-touch-input.html

I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Most Recent Published Games:
Juicy Theater - Android

serenefox

• Serenefox Games
Re: Touch Controls Help?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 07:21:03 PM »
I decided to go a different way with my control scheme, but I am still interested in seeing how this could be done if anyone has ideas.
Most Recent Published Games:
Juicy Theater - Android