playMaker

Author Topic: Help with Move Towards Action.  (Read 1705 times)

serenefox

• Serenefox Games
Help with Move Towards Action.
« on: August 29, 2014, 11:00:43 AM »
I am making a 2d game with a background that looks like it is scrolling. I have two 3d planes that are 18.4 units wide, and I have them set next to each other with no space in between. The first plane starts at (0,0,0) and the second plane starts at (18.4,0,0).

What I am currently doing is using the move towards action to move both planes to (-18.4,0,0) then resetting their position back to positive 18.4 in the x axis.

The problem is when they reset their position there is a small gap in between the two planes. I am assuming it is because I have a finish distance of 0.1 and I think it offsets it.

Am I correct to assume that the finish distance is causing this?
If so why does it offset it differently every time? There are consistent different sized small gaps.

What can I do to fix this so there are no gaps, and it looks like the background just continuously flows.

Thanks for any advice!
Most Recent Published Games:
Juicy Theater - Android

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Help with Move Towards Action.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 01:31:54 PM »
It will always stop at the finish distance. Using zero will make it do it continuously, so you could use some very small number like 0.0001 or just fire a finished event when its close and force it to the rest of the distance with an explicit set position.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

serenefox

• Serenefox Games
Re: Help with Move Towards Action.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 03:03:57 AM »
Thanks for the reply, but I still couldn't get it to work. So I decided to do the background a different way.
Most Recent Published Games:
Juicy Theater - Android