playMaker

Author Topic: Set Property "Active" missing (and other glitches)  (Read 2356 times)

kici

• Junior Playmaker
    • KZ Development
Set Property "Active" missing (and other glitches)
« on: August 31, 2014, 10:08:15 PM »
Please see attached image... I have set it before to "Active" but as you can see on the image it does not exist anymore !

Why is this? luckily i had the action saved somewhere elsewhere and copy pasted it....

another thing is, sometimes when I press "Enter" when I finish typing for example, a bunch of settings get erased, for example I had an action doing something to a global variable (working on a prefab FSM) and all of a sudden it resets a bunch of actions...

is it possessed or am i missing some type of work flow I should be following ?

it sucks because it changes some settings / reset them before and I thought I caused a bug in my game with the new stuff i've added took me about 20 minutes to realize it was just a few simple actions...
\

edit; okay there is 100% a bug/glitch somewhere with using "Global" variables, because constantly my actions get cleared and its only those who use global variables !

I really don't know how this error occurs as I save often so every now and then after a save it goes crazy... I think its when I save but i cannot be 100% sure about this as I don't recall previously if it was due to a save as well or not.

Either way there is a bug guaranteed, it occurs when you are using a global variable which is quite annoying as I use a global variable about 20 times in an FSM. grr

Would this eliminate some of the issues; if when the FSM starts I simply set the global var into a local var,,, lol ?

but that means when its updated I have to update both... hm
thanks
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 10:36:37 PM by kici »

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Set Property "Active" missing (and other glitches)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 07:46:44 AM »
Can you post a repro scene so its easier to see what is happening?

Afaik the global bugs like that come up when you try to link hierarchy to the scene and it finds out it doesnt work when you save/reload. If you changed the component type in Set Property after choosing the property then it might have caused the bug in the screenshot.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

kici

• Junior Playmaker
    • KZ Development
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 07:54:19 AM »
Agh my project is way over a gb and has many assets in it not sure how I can post a scene.

So how do I fix the renderer "Active" issue, I am almost certain never changed the component on Object inspector of playmaker, I just don't understand how Active now simply doesn't show up at all... I could try creating a new Object variable such as that and hope that it fixes it...

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 08:07:41 AM »
Well Transform doesn't have an Active property I don't think, its basically just a vector3. Thats why I wondered if you had changed the component type after choosing the property, because the menu may have kept the Active showing, but the component doesn't actually have it.

There was quite a bunch of threads about getting the GameObject type into a component variable a couple of months ago, maybe they would be of use. I think thats what you're trying to do anyway?

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=6264.msg30693#msg30693

On the other hand it may be something to do with it being a Global, I doubt it, but I don't regularly use globals and haven't ever used an Object type as one so I can't really confirm.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

kici

• Junior Playmaker
    • KZ Development
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 09:01:44 PM »
Hmm good catch you are right something has gone funky around here... Thanks for pointing that out, ,no idea what's changed but I do see another similar variable being used in FSM for the same purpose.

Thanks for catching this I will do some digging and sort it out now :)