playMaker

Author Topic: Steamworks.NET  (Read 77369 times)

clandestine

• ЯKD.ZONE
Re: Steamworks.NET
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2016, 08:17:36 AM »
The thing is that when i have one LeaderBoard in the Setup action everything goes well, the score is uploaded and i see it in Steamworks admin panel... when i define more than one, it doesnt work anymore.

Also STEAM shows that i'm in game even after i've shut down unity (or the build exe). I have to kill STEAM and realunch it to fix the situation.

Would that be part of the cause?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 08:36:12 AM by clandestine »

Skermunkel

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2016, 10:55:02 AM »
Sorry for the late reply. That is pretty weird how Steam still shows that you are in game even after exiting Unity/GameBuild, dont think it should affect the Leaderboards though. Have tried both versions of the actions (the ones uploaded by terri and the ones uploaded by Dev_Sebas, Im using the ones by Dev Sebas).

Ill try to get some screenshots of my Steamworks setup as soon as I can (not in front of my PC at the moment replying from my phone).

Otherwise try to contact Riley perhaps and see if he can maybe give you some advice.

clandestine

• ЯKD.ZONE
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2016, 07:14:39 PM »
Hey man, thanks a lot... we got the achievements working with in game steam overlay and everything, but the leader boards are still kinda broken... i hope we fix them soon.

Thanks a lot for your willingness to help (willingness = what a weird word) :P

Skermunkel

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2016, 08:19:58 PM »
Hi, we seem to be experiencing a crash on startup ever since we've added these actions giving a window with "Close Program" and a "Debug option", when selecting Debug though and opening a program to debug (Visual Studio, Mono, etc.) and then switch back to the game everything works fine and you can then quit the debugger program and no crashes appear on the game again for some time again (although they can pop up again).

This also happens in the tester scene so I know it is the Actions causing it and it seems to be some kind of conflict between the action, Steamworks.NET and Steam itself.

Unfortunately it doesnt seem everyone gets the same window (especially on non-english systems it seems) and they dont receive the Debug option. Please any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the hassle.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 08:21:48 PM by SkobbejakGames »

clandestine

• ЯKD.ZONE
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2016, 03:23:14 AM »
That might not be your case at all, but i had lots of crashes while testing the game (not launched through steam, just from a local build or the editor), once i set my steam build to live and launched through steam, all the errors are gone and everything works perfectly, also make sure you have the .dll files (only on the windows build)

clandestine

• ЯKD.ZONE
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2016, 04:15:05 AM »
Hey guys, just made this comic strip depicting the process to make it work...
The image is 1920X3530
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:32:54 AM by clandestine »

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2016, 05:39:20 AM »
Hi!

The actions aren't available for download from the link, is there any other mirror I could use? Thanks :)

terri

• terrivellmann.tumblr.com
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2016, 07:23:12 AM »
Hi!

The actions aren't available for download from the link, is there any other mirror I could use? Thanks :)

they are included in Dev_Seba's post a bit lower on the first page

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2016, 07:53:14 AM »
Thanks! Some how I just missed that when going through the thread...

serkanos

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2016, 05:48:36 PM »
Hi guys. Does it needed to enter appid in steammanager.cs (SteamAPI.RestartAppIfNecessary(AppId_t.Invalid) I didnt understood how I change this script.

And steam_api.dll file in my unity project/assets/plugins/x86.  Is it true place?
Sorry my english not good

clandestine

• ЯKD.ZONE
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2016, 05:50:32 AM »
Hey guys, a guy on the Steam forum for my game suggested displaying the steam leaderboards ingame, but i don't seem to find any way to retrieve that info from inside the game.
Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance.

clandestine

• ЯKD.ZONE
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2016, 07:00:17 AM »
el bumpo
Hey guys, a guy on the Steam forum for my game suggested displaying the steam leaderboards ingame, but i don't seem to find any way to retrieve that info from inside the game.
Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance.

terri

• terrivellmann.tumblr.com
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2016, 04:30:10 PM »
Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance.

I haven't looked at this in a while but I believe currently it is not, at least with these actions.

clandestine

• ЯKD.ZONE
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2016, 01:34:19 PM »
Thanks a lot man!

whelly

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2016, 06:09:56 PM »
Hey guys, I wanted to see what's working for you with SDK and Unity version. I need to use these Playmaker actions, but I'm not sure what's compatible or not. I'm thinking of using Steamworks.NET v7.0.0 and Steamworks SDK v1.34. My Unity version is 5.3.2. Is this setup working for anyone else?

Update: I just tried it out and achievements are working fine. I'm not sure about the other Steamworks features.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 12:02:22 PM by whelly »