playMaker

Author Topic: Trouble with 3D Collisions  (Read 1469 times)

blazingriver

• Playmaker Newbie
Trouble with 3D Collisions
« on: November 29, 2014, 01:58:14 PM »
Hi,
For my game I am using 3D objects in a 2D environment. I would like it so that when the player collides with an object they gain a point. I have attempted to make an FSM to produce such an effect, however, I have not yet had success. Both the object and the player have the same Z position (0), and the player has a player tag while the object remains untagged. I am using the collision event action and I have attached screenshots of the FSM that I am using. If there is any other information that I could provide that would be of help, please let me know!

All help is appreciated.
Thanks in Advance!

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Trouble with 3D Collisions
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 04:33:53 PM »
Whats the trouble with the system you have?

It seems you probably just need to loop back into that start state after you add to the score, then it would seem to work fine.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

blazingriver

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Trouble with 3D Collisions
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 06:28:38 AM »
Thanks for your reply!
It seems that I did forget to loop it back to the start state. However, the collisions are still not detected by the FSM and it remains on the first state. The collision period is very short, and is no longer than an average mouse click. I'm not sure whether its due to my FSM setup or the inspector setup, so I have attached a screenshot of the player (collisionpoint) and object (gap).

Thanks!

(When a collision is meant to happen)

(Player's inspector)

(Object's inspector)