playMaker

Author Topic: admob playmaker help  (Read 6139 times)

rik

admob playmaker help
« on: December 11, 2014, 03:31:21 AM »
Hi i am trying to implement admob in application i want to implement am using android native for this but in ad id it was int but i have not int value so can some one tell me how to use android native with playmaker making a sample scene will help

rik

Re: admob playmaker help
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 10:33:03 AM »
bump any one having knowledge can comment

PaulG

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 05:45:56 PM »
bump any one having knowledge can comment

Did you ever figure this out? I'm finding Android Native to be so frustrating. The documention is just terrible if you're not fluent with writing code (since it's mostly just translations of the Google pages). And the Playmaker stuff is often just baffling.

Like the whole Test Ads. I can find out how you write scripts on the google website. And I can see links to these pages on Stan's Guides. But the Playmaker action for Test Ads is a single line: Device ID. Okay. How do I get this? Without a script? It would have been so helpful if he could have just included real guides for this. I have to imagine this is a very easy solution.

But in the end, I just have to read endless amount of webpages and whatnot to finally decipher (what's really an easy 1 - 2 - 3 process). Really the whole point of me buying that plugin was thinking I was going to get a 1 - 2 - 3 outline included.

I have half a mind to volunteer to write noob friendly directions for him (if he can walk me through my questions. I've just stopped e-mailing him, because I feel I'm just being a pest and he's not providing noob friendly answers anyway.

So long story short, if anybody has deciphered Playmaker and wants to post their simplified directions, the internet would be grateful. Because it just doesn't exist anywhere. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who's grinding my way through this. I think we're all forced to re-invent the wheel on this. If you're not proficient in coding, you're getting anything done quickly in Android Native.

EDIT: Like, for example, I was googling this subject some more and finally came upon a reply in a stackoverflow page:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4524752/how-can-i-get-device-id-for-admob

Turns out there's an app for this on the Google Play store. Who knew. That was a bunch of hours wasted. If I'm making a tutorial on how to use this asset, that's featured prominently. Every single thing I grind my way through eventually has a very simple solution. It doesn't help that the official forum on the Unity website wants your questions funneled to e-mail. I'm sure all of the basics would already be covered if forum participation was more encouraged.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 06:54:15 PM by PaulG »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 09:08:10 AM »
AN Documentation is focused on people with some program knowledge,

PlayerMaker Actions where added later on request.

the actions are quite simple and straightforward to use..

the harder part is Admob / PlayService / Billing stuff.

what would you like to know?

friendlydog

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 06:40:45 PM »
I also struggled with that AN plugin for 3 days and then I gave up and bought the "Google Ad" plugin from StansAssets as well -> and THAT one works, because it actually lets you register the device ID. I'm running both plugins now and it finally works. sort of.

the second nut to crack was to figure out the "AdMob TEST Ad unit ID" which is this one here:

ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/6300978111

(found after hours of sifting through convoluted and partially outdated google documentation).

Such headaches with terrible or/and not existing documentation for both google and stans assets. :-(

Some other things about the AN and Google Ads plugins:
the configuration guide is wrong (cos it's partially copypasted from Google).
 it asks you to download the Google Services SDK and import that into your project as "basic setup".
-> DON'T! this only messes up your GMS version ID and leads to compile errors! You'll also have multiple GMS *jar files because Stans Assets already include the SDK.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:43:50 PM by friendlydog »

rik

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 02:43:53 PM »
Thanks for the messages i have managed to solve problem by using stans admob ads
and native was a full of non optimized content and if we like to use  only some of the content like ads and billing or similar we have to work hard on manifest errors a lot so stan should include other billing only asset admob ads , social share etc insted of making big package with lot of problems