playMaker

Author Topic: Constant and smooth rotation  (Read 2059 times)

richardh

• Junior Playmaker
Constant and smooth rotation
« on: January 21, 2015, 04:33:42 AM »
Hi
I've posted this question on the Unity Forums but I also would like to ask for help here seeing as I'm using Playmaker...

It's a simple and not important problem but if there's a solution then I'd be happy..

I have a large rotating ball (yep, a planet). I set an action to rotate on the Z by 0.01 which it happily obeys. The problem (or quirk) is that in full screen I rotate at nice calm speed. But if I make my browser window smaller then the speed gets faster until you want to get off the planet!

I've been told it's to do with the frame rate and when I check the 'per second' box in the rotate State then indeed the rotation keeps to the same speed whether in large or small browser screen. But while set at 'per second' I get a choppy stop motion rotation (as it's stopping and starting very seconds as expected).

Is there a  way to smooth the rotation AND keep it constant whether in large or small browser screens?

thanks
R

Arialle Körsbärsträden

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Constant and smooth rotation
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 06:14:10 PM »
Clicking on "per second" is definitively a good thing as you should always want frame independent movement. Unfortunately, I do not think that there is enough information as to why the your stop motion rotation is like that. First off, are you using a RigidBody or a CharacterController? Either way, is there some sort of "stop" state that is setting the velocity or something to zero?